Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homage to the Taco Chronicles “The Series“ Tacos al Carbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troutman Since this looks like what I will serve my folks and my kids on Sunday for my folks 58th anniversary, I had a couple of questions.

1. Do you grill the bell peppers whole, or cut into strips already?
    2. I see you have the grilled peppers and scallions on the side, versus being part of the taco, i.e. fajita style?
    3. Tell me about the beans you have as a side dish...

I just had my 23 year old decide she is off dairy for the next month due to her 3 month old having some odd rash. She is the cheese lover of the family too, so I'll have to get her some sides other than queso. She's an avocado freak, so guacamole will be on the menu for sure.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      1) Grilled whole then sliced
      2) Grilled veggies can go with the tacos or eaten separately, your option
      3) The beans are not beans but the salsa verde. Gotta admit they do look like beans in the photo lol 😂

If I could give 100 likes to this recipe, that still would not be enough. Thanks so much, Steve, I had a blast making these and enjoyed them so much! And I have enough for tomorrow night, too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-30 18.51.57.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	1053076

Name:	2021-06-30 19.00.22 (2).jpg
Views:	241
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1053074

Name:	2021-06-30 19.07.21.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1053075

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome job!! So glad you enjoyed a favorite!!

My wife and I were wondering what to cook this weekend and this is it! Thanks for the posts, it shows how much passion you put into the series.

By the way, Ponce de Leon brought some Andalusian cattle to Florida in 1521. But you got the Mexican influence in your cuisine. All in all, I'd prefer to live in Texas.

Ninfa’s has been added to my Ramble Around Texas Bucket list.

Thank you again.
    Last edited by Bkhuna; July 1, 2021, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Looks super

Comment

Love this thread.

Comment

Awesome wright up, history ,picture's and recipe. thanks for taking the time to do it.

Comment

Okay, so this thread is a bit old, but I had to chime in. I just got back home from a week in Katy and the Houston area, and Ninfa's was on my bucket list. It didn't disappoint. The whole party proclaimed it the best Mexican food they had ever eaten. My wife and I shared the steak fajitas. I could eat that grilled skirt steak until I passed out.

We smashed some fajitas, redfish tacos, beef tacos, quac, margaritas and their amazing queso, which in turn smashed my wallet. It was totally worth it, though.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220620_171742.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.20 MB ID:	1240870
            Last edited by Steve R.; June 23, 2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve heard great things about this place. On my personal bucket list.

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              SheilaAnn, if you love fajitas, you gotta go to where they were literally invented.

I scored some Prime outside skirt steak (on sale) from Creekstone a couple weeks back and had bookmarked this recipe for just such an occurrence. I'm going to try my darnedest to do this recipe justice later this week, likely Thurs or Fri. The skirt steak is thawing as we speak.

Comment

• Jim White
              Jim White commented
              Editing a comment
              You will not regret it. I keep coming back to this one.

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Let us know how it works for you.

K.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here