Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homage to the Taco Chronicles, “The Series“ - Tacos al Pastor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I started watching the series while working here in the basement, but I didn't realize that most of it is in Spanish, of which I know none. My wife came down and laughed at me cause I keep rewinding since I can't catch all of the subtitles and pay attention to what I am doing at the same time lol. Good series.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right, Spanish conversational language moves along quickly. If you can't speed read the subtitles it's a little unnerving. I know enough Spanish to be dangerous, but I do understand enough to get the jest of what they are saying. About the only good thing I took away from a 9 year marriage to a Tex-Mex.

Outstanding series you are doing here Troutman! Thanks for all the hard work on this, I really appreciate it.

I am due to get a new grill soon that I will be trying to adapt to this somehow. I need a rotisserie drive that can tolerate heat!

Comment

Love reading. Got a question. I have a local Latin market that sells pre-sliced and maranated "al pastor" . Was thinking of getting a pound or 2, cranking up the BGE and just grilling over high heat and getting a nice char. Then dice up for taco's . Any thoughts?

Comment

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Try it and let us know!

I have been thinking about this since I watched the Chronicles last year. I saw the earlier comment by Jim White with his PBC-esque Kamado set up but didn't see anything about whether it was actually tried or if it worked out.

Or has anybody tried the Adobada Recipe from the PBC website?

The melting snow and warmer weather is making me think I need to give this a try (unless I get a lot of "Don't bother!" responses).
      Last edited by MarkN; March 2, 2022, 03:43 PM. Reason: Edited to fix a typo.

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reminder! I haven’t tried it yet.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here