Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PJ’S Homemade Beef And Vegetable Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJ’S Homemade Beef And Vegetable Soup

This is a great winter time soup that is real tasty. Lots of meat and fresh vegetables with a great tomato base. I’ve been making this for years, and I’ve never had a better tasting soup like this.

INGREDIENTS:

3 lbs of Stew Meat
    1 28 oz. Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
    1 28 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
    3 Beef Bouillon Cubes
    2 Tablespoons of Diced Garlic
    1 Whole Yellow Onion and 1 Bunch of Green Onions
    1 Green Bell Pepper
    3 Ribs of Celery
    1 Large Carrot
    2 Cups of Fresh Green Beans snapped into 2” pieces
    2 1/2 Cups of Fresh Okra Cut Up
    3 Cups of Chopped Cabbage
    1 1/2 Cups of Frozen Corn
    1 Cup of Frozen Lima Beans
    S&P to taste

In a large 10 qt. Stock Pot brown the naked stew meat with a little Canola Oil and Salt and Pepper, reserve and keep all juices. Add the canned tomatoes and tomato sauce after browning. Add water to fill halfway. Add all remaining ingredients. Then add enough water to fill pot about 3/4 full. Simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Lid on for the first half of cook. Great with crackers or corn bread.

Notes: I had to use frozen okra in this cook cause my store didn’t have any decent looking fresh okra. Try to use fresh vegetables in as much of this recipe as you can. Also you might notice from the picture I used Tomato Purée instead of tomato sauce. I wanted to try that brand and they didn’t have sauce. Didn’t care for the purée quite as much as tomato sauce. Use the tomato sauce instead of purée. It was still good though.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 18, 2020, 08:37 AM.

That looks and sounds good. Nice

Comment

Looks delicious. Question - do you ever use smoked beef in that and if so, do you cut back a bit? My wife likes my BBQ beef in stew but not soup. She says the smoke overpowers a soup but compliments a stew. Your recipe looks great and was curious.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I’ve never smoked the stew meat for this. I’m kind of with your wife on this one. Never have tried smoking it first though, so I can’t really say how it would taste.
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 18, 2020, 08:38 AM.

Love a good stew, yours looks spot on. Try smoking that stew meat before making it, puts it over the top

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Troutman I just might try smoking the meat next time. Curious to see how that would taste.

No kale??

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I know! Damn Kroger, they were fresh out.

Great recipe, I used to make a soup/stew along those lines until the ingrates told me they didn't like it anymore.
      Its goin back on the menu!!!! don't like it there's the door....

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        😂😂😂 Luv your attitude!!!
        Don’t let the door hit you in the ass!

Looks like top shelf winter comfort food. I might also go for smoking the meat. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Minus the lima beans and I'm in. But I wonder if a cup of OREO's would put it over the top?

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Little Miss Debbie fudge cakes are best.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here