Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mexican Green Chile Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    I enjoy going to Santa Fe as well, love it! My wife and I try to go a few times a year for a night away and will stay near the plaza area and just walk around, grabbing some snacks and beverages throughout the day then finish it off at one of the many wonderful restaurants.

And, yes, Huevos Rancheros....you can’t beat them! Breakfast, lunch or dinner! And check my post below! I made up some this morning!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    You know, we have made plenty of green chile stew using all kinds of cuts of beef. Brisket if a great add! As is prime rib after I make that and have some left over. All in what you are looking for in the texture/bite! If you do use a different cut of meat, you may need more stock than what I suggest above. But Enjoy if you make it!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed reading though it!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Plenty of places in NM sell frozen - so....ya know, just in case you burn thru the good stuff, ya can always order some more!

Thanks for the comments! Glad you enjoyed the post.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Reckon I use several kindsa chiles to make me some chili, is how I sees it...ain't no Authority, but that's how I keep it sorted, in what passes fer what remains of my mind...

• RonB
    replied
    Another great write-up today. I need to make this too.

Leave a comment:

• Mojo0209
    replied
    That is a great write up. That is on the menu for next weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I knew you were up to something barelfly but this was not only spot on but amazing. What a contrast from Texas style. It really is interesting how ingredients and influences change from region to region. I'm going to launch a taco series, like chile it matters where you are as to what makes a good taco. Very impressive job my man, nice complement to my Texas Red post

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2584.GIF
Views:	827
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	955332

(But I still say it's CHILI and not CHILE )

Leave a comment:

• wu7y
    replied
    barelfly. That's a great write-up. Thank you for sharing the recipe and the history. My wife and I lived in Albuquerque while I attended UNM in the early 70's. I was not a fan of the Duke City but we both fell in love with the NM cuisine. Many of the larger restaurants were very good but our favorites were the "hole's in the wall" where we felt the finest food was available. I don't recall Frontier's across from UNM on Central but it may not have been there by the time we left in 1974. Thanks for helping us have yet another "hole in the wall" dish.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Thanks! Awesome write-up. I visited Santa Fe years ago and my favorite was Huevos Ranchero Christmas. So good!

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Thanks for this recipe, it looks delicious! Very nice write up and I love the background story. I have everything to make this except that my taters are Yukon Gold which may disintegrate after an hour of simmering. I need to go on a beer run anyway so I can get some russets. Hmm...beer as part of the liquid sounds interesting. Plus I have venison/brisket blend ground meat AND a 5 gallon pot of venison stock simmering as I type to use (just processed a deer for snack stix).
    Last edited by 58limited; December 13, 2020, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    Thanks for sharing, sounds fantastic! Love me some green chile!

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Thank you for posting. I put it on the cooking list to give it a try next week.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Many Thanks, an kudos fer makin such a useful, informative, an genuinely interestin post, amigo!

Bonus Points Awarded!!!!

I really LOVE th personal background, history, an touch that ya put on it.

Also, very helpful to listen, an learn from folks bout their regional cuisine

Loves LOVES LOVES!!! Me some peppers, an some chili, so this Really floats my boat!

Sadly, I'm already down to less than 25 lbs. each, of Charger, Sandia, an Lumbre...

It's a Very Long Time until Harvest, again...Reckon I'll haveta (try to) curtail my Hatch Pepper appetite...

(Like, Yeah; like that's gonna happen, in my lifetime lol!!!) :

I'll be tryin to make this here, sooner, rather than later!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here