Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mexican Green Chile Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    58limited sweet! Glad you and the office friends are enjoying!

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    barelfly I ended up making this last night. Very simple and quite wholesome, really hit the spot on this cold rainy day. I used beer and a pint of venison broth. I noticed that the beer foamed up some as the temperature rose and helped with keeping the ground meat from clumping. I ended up using 3 lbs venison/ brisket, 18 Big Jims, 1 1/2 pint beer, 1 pint stock, and 2 cans of Muir Glen tomatoes. I brought it to work today, everyone is enjoying it.

• Santamarina
    replied
    Sounds delicious. Adding it to my short list of future cooks!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Many thanks fer yer Kind Words, Amigo!

Glad I could provide ya with a much-needed laugh, Brother!

Kinda a scarce commodity, in these here times...

Course, it'll cost ya some Huevos Rancheros LOL!

Be safe an well, alla yall there, Brother!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 13, 2020, 10:42 PM.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones - you have me laughin aloud! My wife is lookin at me as I type this, smiling and laughing! You always bring a smile to my face when I get to read your posts!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Super Delicious lookin food, amigo!

I find myself comin back, again an again, to drool!

I'm so dang full, I hadda pop th top two side buttons on my bibbers, an I still wants me two, mebbe three plates of that!!!

At this point, it jus might well kill me, but it'd take probly five undertakers to git th dadgum smile offa my face!!!

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    We went to the Inn of the Anasazi and the Bull Ring, and some cool little place for breakfast.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Very intriguin, brothers...

A Venison Chili Verde? No matter how much I walk round that idea, an kick th tires, I jus cain't see how that would be a bad thing!

I've made decades wortha regular red type venison chili, never have tried it in a verde, though...Hmmm...

I always git given lotsa venison every year, in return fer smokin other folks hunts...

This, I think, bears a further look into!

Thanks fer th ideal, Brothers! barelfly 58limited
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 13, 2020, 09:17 PM.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks fer th tip!

I git mine from there to Th Hatch Chile Store

They's a tremendous price break from buyin 25 lbs. vs buyin only 5...

They also sell frozen, but it gits $pendy, purty fast, though, so I would appreciate any insight as to other high quality purveyours of said chiles, if ya have any insider info fer me.

Either way, enjoyed yer write up, an our conversation. It made fer an enjoyable day!

Thanks! Be safe an well, Brother

• Greygoose
    replied
    👍👍👍

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    And who am I to not accompany my own green chile write up and mention Huevos Rancheros and not have a properly plated Huevos Rancheros with Green, please .

Made these up today since I had what I prefer for chile on these compared to what I made the other night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	68B36488-E12D-4C70-A7D0-8DB10C04DCD7.jpeg
Views:	566
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	955591

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed reading through it!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to hearing how it turns out!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the comments. Much appreciated - and.....one of these days we’ll have to sit down together for a bowl of chil........

And looking forward to the tacos. You know it’s one of my favorites as much as i post about them here!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, you did it right by finding those mom and pop restaurants! Glad you enjoyed this dish and the story on ABQ/NM and it made you think back to some good times and food!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa\/1157845-paid-members-download-our-6-deep-dive-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa\/1165909-free-trial-members-get-your-free-deep-dive-guide-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa/1165909-free-trial-members-get-your-free-deep-dive-guide-here