Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mexican Green Chile Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    You did it right. I just shoved them in some vacuum bags, no weighing, no nothing lol

• klflowers
    replied
    Man I am glad the resurfaced. Just got a new batch of chili's, still need to do the burger. Arteries going to harden up this weekend lol

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    I think I’m putting this together for football weekend. Or maybe next? I dunno. Anyone else who’s thinking it, regarding the quantity of peppers and "two sandwich bags": By coincidence, I cleaned mine, roasted then, chopped them and sealed them in 1/2 lb bags, and each bag was 7 peppers, give or take balancing them among bags. So 2 sandwich bags in the recipe is 1 lb of roasted, cleaned, chopped peppers.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Damn. I think you’re right. I’ve been on that Chicago dog kick for a week, but I had the last one from the pack for breakfast today (sick, innit?) and I need something new to gorge myself on first thing in the morning. This would be perfect. What’s that mushy burger thing they have in St Louis called? Garbage Plate? We can add that to the name, too!

Edit: Slinger.
    Last edited by Mosca; September 14, 2022, 10:35 PM.

• barelfly
    replied
    Mosca - you should do an open faced, Oklahoma onion green chile cheese burger with a ladle or two of this green chile stew!

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    You said before you only get social security, if that's your only income you really should not be using a CPA as you shouldn't have enough deductibles to break the threshold making deductions worth while. While everyone's tax situation is different I strongly feel considering your previous posts regarding finances that you might want to double check if a CPA is really the fiscally smart move.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    All good then!

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I’m a math guy. It’s just arithmetic: go through it line by line, do all the addition and subtraction, and write (or get) a check.

Once our house was paid and our daughter graduated from college, our deductions fell below the standard deduction and it got a lot easier!

• Ghawtho
    replied
    Mosca We used to own a restaurant back in 2001 and had a friend that’s a CPA and he was doing our books for the restaurant and was doing our taxes as well. He still does our taxes to this day. We fill it’s best to have professionals do our taxes cause they know ALL the allowable deductions. For the longest time we didn’t know our vehicle registration could be used and several other things we didn’t know.
    I’m sure it’s vehicle registration goes on state tax returns, not federal.
    Last edited by Ghawtho; September 14, 2022, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t have a printer at home any more, for that reason (ink dries out). The only reason I need one is because I’ve always done my taxes by had and mailed them in. But it’s actually cheaper and easier to pay someone to do them, instead of buying a new printer or set of cartridges every year.

We don’t have a laptop or desktop, either. I use either an iPad or my phone, Mrs Mosca just uses her phone.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    You just type @ and their username without a space: Ghawtho

In a comment like this post you type it out. In a regular post like yours that I'm responding to as you begin to type the member name a drop menu appears with the name or several names with similar spelling, you just click the correct name.
    Last edited by 58limited; September 14, 2022, 06:03 PM.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Panhead John If you decide to order from the Hatch Chili Store give the Charger variety a look - I really like them . Otherwise Big Jim is the variety I order most often. I don't think our HEB even got any in this year. Last year they only got a few cases and I bought an entire case. In 2020 they stocked a lot and I bought two cases - one hot and one mild, varieties were not specified.

• Ghawtho
    replied
    We have printed to our home printer before the only thing is the printer must be a WiFi connected printer. Not all the cheaper printers have WiFi built into the printer. We have thrown out several $150 printers cause we aren’t printing enough and the head dries up, once that happens the printer is almost worthless. I’m not sure how to hashtag other members so the person will see replies.
    Last edited by Ghawtho; September 14, 2022, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Ghawtho you can set it up so your phones and iPads can wirelessly print to a home printer FWIW.

• Ghawtho
    commented on 's reply
    This site is going to be a little cumbersome cause we don’t own a computer anymore. The wife and I both use either our phones or the iPad. We got tired of keeping computers updated and protected. We have been without computers for 3 years. They all went in the trash a few years ago and never gain owning a computer. If we need something printed we email documents to the OfficeMax shelf service printers.
    self service printers

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here