Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant Pot Zippy Chicken Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant Pot Zippy Chicken Soup

I found this recipes on the internet here Here's the recipe as I made it:

INGREDIENTS
    []1 Tbsp olive oil
    []1 cup diced onion
    []4 cups chicken broth - I used homemade
    []1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
    []1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
    []1 ½ pounds raw boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into small cubes - I used thighs
    []2 cups frozen sweet corn
    []1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    []1 tsp hot sauce (Cholula chili garlic)
    []1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
    []1 tsp salt
    []½ tsp black pepper
    []½ tsp white pepper (optional)
    []½ tsp cayenne (optional}
    []½ tsp dried thyme leaves (optional)
    []1 cup half and half or heavy cream
    []¼ cup flour
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Instant Pot Instructions:
    1. Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and the onions. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Deglaze the pot with the chicken broth.
    2. Turn off the Instant Pot. Add in the green pepper, potatoes, chicken, corn, Worcestershire, hot sauce, smoked paprika, white pepper, cayenne and thyme leaves, if using, salt and pepper.
    3. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 2 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for about 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
    4. In a glass measuring warm the half and half for about 1 minute in the microwave. Then add a tablespoon at a time of flour whisking until all flour is dissolved and no lumps remain. Ladle in about ¼ cup of soup broth into mixture and whisk. This will temper the dairy to prevent curdling. Add another ¼ cup of broth. Then add the entire mixture into the Instant Pot. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Stir until soup thickens and raw flour taste cooks off (about 3-5 minutes).
    5. Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve. Add an extra dash of hot sauce in each bowl.
    Last edited by Dewesq55; November 8, 2020, 07:00 PM.

This looks familiar...

Comment

Dewesq55

This sounds like a winner.

Thanks
      K.

Comment

repeat, repeat, or is that re-post.
        TX U

Comment

Dewesq55 I seem to recall that you mentioned in your previous post that you made this in your 10 quart Instant Pot. I’m assuming it fits in the 6 quart size as well. Yes?

I hope I’m remembering that correctly.

Kathryn

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc - Yes, Kathryn, absolutely. The usual problem for me is that most IP recipes are written for the 6Qt and many don't have enough liquid (I need ~3 cups) so I have to adapt to pot-in-pot method. Since this soup has 4 cups, it works fine in the 10Qt.
            Last edited by Dewesq55; November 8, 2020, 12:46 PM.

Nice recipie!
          Will try it for sure.

Comment

Good share. I think I have all the ingredients for this one, might make it today.

Comment

Ok, it's good. I used regular paprika and left out the cayenne, in deference to Mrs Mosca. It's really nice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here