Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stews, Soups & Chili’s – The Series – Gulf Shrimp Jambalaya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
    yay, I’m back in SoCal for a couple days.
    I have been to SoCal many, many times and I don't remember ever saying that.

Totally pulling your leg, there's an incredible amount of fun things to see and do down there, or so I've been told. I was usually down there because it was on fire. And I'm happy you're home for the holidaze.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; December 23, 2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Holidaze…you got that right !!! Are you thinking about having Hollandaise over the Holidaze??

Holidaze are just like vacadaze for me these days. I’m always happy to get back to work and return to normal 🤣🤣 (I know, please No cranky old man comments)

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      It was short lived…back in TX. LOL But hopefully back to SoCal on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Very nice write up. Look forward to trying this as I love jambalaya. One question for the shrimp stock, does using it make the dish taste extra shrimpy? I’d be game for it, not sure the rest of the family would be.

Comment

I'm making this right now. What better way to use the shrimp stock that I have in the freezer than by thawing it and adding even more shrimp shells to it [shrimp are deheaded ] plus I'm adding the veggies again with the pepper, bay leaves, and thyme. Should be a potent stock but I love strong in your face Cajun food.

I have some really good Andouille from Louisiana ( https://www.beststopinscott.com/product/andouille/ ) that someone gave me and I'm going to add a little chicken from a roasted chicken that was in the freezer. I ended up putting the wing tips and some of the bones into the shrimp stock but, not wanting the chicken to dominate, I didn't put the whole carcass in.
      Last edited by 58limited; December 31, 2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Last night was Kathy’s turn to cook and she decided to give your recipe a go as I have it stored in Paprika. We have different tastes when it comes to spices. She is more of a Plain Jane and while I’m not going to chow down on Carolina Reapers I like a little kick in my food. Her only change was that she used 2 teaspoons of Tony C. instead of the tablespoons in the original recipe. What an outstanding recipe and seasoned just right that it hit the perfect level for both of us enjoyed it.
        Thank you Steve!

Comment

I knowed this was an old post cuz of the funny letters leftover from our last major computer thing overhall. Doesn’t change the quality of the recipe one bit.
          Last edited by FireMan; October 1, 2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here