Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stews, Soups & Chili’s – The Series – Beef Bourguignon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s it …. You and Stacy will have to have a Boeuf Bourguignon cook off

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      If that's the case I'm done for .....

Troutman I'm making this tonight. Choice chuckie is smoked, mise en place done, venison stock is thawed, but I gotta pause and go to the brewpub for a good band. I'll be back home at 10:30 or so and do a late night cook - it'll come together quick and I can read/doze in the easy chair while it simmers. Everything is in the fridge for now.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Should have updated earlier. This turned out great! 3 quarts are going into the freezer and the rest will get eaten in the next few days.

Troutman thank you! I have a very old Griswold Dutch oven that I just finished restoring. This is going to be the first thing I cook in it.

Comment

Well not totally related. It is in the Chilli channel. I'm finally going to do the Texas Chilli tomorrow. Got the meat a few days ago. Meat prepped, ingredients staged Kettle read to light. Since tomorrow is sort the a day off. PAT'S on MNF, I can deal with this. I'll shift to the appropriate channel for the cook.

Comment

Looks great!
        Love that you gave kudos to M. Escoffier. I have a 100-year old+ copy of Le Guide Culinaire. In French of course…and my French isn’t what it used to be. Not that it ever was all that. Learned just enough to get my BA. (NOT in French. LOL)

Going to have to give this one a try for sure.

Comment

Love it, and everyone should make their soups/stews at least one day a head of time. The recipe I follow for Chili and one for French Onion soup take 3 days...

Comment

If you can cook beef right and add wine, you can't go wrong.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here