Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Authentic Texas Chili--Let Me "Stir The Pot". ;«)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosca
    replied
    That's close to one of my recipes. Substitute lard or tallow for the olive oil. And there's no use for Worcestershire sauce. But otherwise it's solid and spot on.

Of course, I have recipes with beans and tomatoes, too. I love them all.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I love beans in chili, but I also love chili without beans. Now I need to make some Texas Red...

Thanks for posting this.

However, anything hotter than mild is too hot for my wife, and sometimes mild is too hot, so what should I use for peppers. I'd like to use several varieties...

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Nor are there two "L’s" in chili! ;<)

• Spinaker
    replied
    NO BEANS IN CHILLI! The way it should be!

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    A thing of beauty.

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. Going to try to make some hot sauces later this year using his guidance.

• Troutman
    replied
    Yup, that be Chili con Carne alright !!! Here's mine for what it's worth.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	chili 02.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1015464

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Good on ya! Me too.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Great site, I use it a lot!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Mine is very similar. I smoke the meat (usually brisket) and veggies first, and once assembled I finish it in a smoker. It's probably the most commented on dish I make for family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    started a topic Authentic Texas Chili--Let Me "Stir The Pot". ;«)

Authentic Texas Chili--Let Me "Stir The Pot". ;«)

The website at the link here is worth visiting--all stuff spicy. So, here's a Texas chili recipe from that site: https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipes/texas-chili/ No beans and no 'maters. LOL

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here