Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Roasted Hatch Chile Cheese Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Roasted Hatch Chile Cheese Dip

Fire Roasted Hatch Chile Cheese Dip/Spread

Yield: just enough

Ingredients:
    • 4-6 large fire roasted Hatch chile peppers
    • 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
    • 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
    • 8oz cream cheese, whipped
    • ½ cup mayonnaise
    • ¼ tsp onion powder
    • ¼ tsp garlic powder
    • 1 tsp smoked paprika
    • Aleppo pepper flakes, to taste (optional)

Preparation:

Prepare grill for high heat cooking. Place chile directly on the grill and allow them to cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning them frequently until the skin is charred all over.

Remove the chile from the grill and place them in a plastic zip top bag. Seal the bag and allow them to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the chile from the bag and peel off the skin. Remove the stem and seeds and finely dice the chile.

Combine diced chile with the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until fully combined. Refrigerate the cheese spread for at least 20 minutes before serving along with crackers or as a topping for burgers.

Modified from: http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/recip...-chile-cheese/ 10/03/2014

Nice. And I just had another 5 pounds of roasted, peeled Hatch chiles delivered yesterday.

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      We're going to my Daughters for T'day. She just sent me a text saying she would not turn me away if I showed up with this dip.

Oh, that sounds too good to be true.
    Fire Roasted Hatch Chile Cheese Dip, Tortilla chips, and PBR.

Comment

Sounds great. I'm making Hatch chili chorizo cheese dip for Thanksgiving. Similar to your recipe but no mayo.

Comment

Yummy. I gotta try this one.
        I need to get a napkin to wipe off the drool now.

Comment

Wow, this sounds awesome. Tough to beat Hatch Chilis.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here