Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinaker's Steak and Cheese Samies

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Finster,
    Yes Exactly! I love that place, though they don't have the widest selection, especially of prime cuts.
    JD

Comment

• Finster
      Finster commented
      Editing a comment
      Has been a long time since I was in there.
      Years ago, when first married, and money was tight, we would go there because we could stock up on good, not great, quality meats at a good price...

Looks great! Mebbe a Blackstone in my future?

One question: Approximate weight of cheese for 4.5 pounds of meat?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
      Looks great! Mebbe a Blackstone in my future?

One question: Approximate weight of cheese for 4.5 pounds of meat?

Thanks.
      Oh, that is a good question.......to be honest I am not sure, but I would guess a pound of cheese, at least. I put in about 12 slices between the two types of cheese I use.

Just like salt in a recipe, sometimes you have to fine tune what works for you.

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I understand the "fine tuning" idea--just looking for a starting point.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I hear ya! And the great thing is, you get to do it with steak samies. Willy

FYI- I just found that Wild Fork offers "beef shaved steak" @ $6.98/ pound that they tout as "perfect for cheesesteaks". They aren’t clear on what cut of steak it’s shaved from though. Just sharing as an option for the beef for sammies. I’ll give it a try with my next order from them. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Gonna fire these up on Friday. I am making both steak and chicken sammies this time. I am planning on using the same method for both sandwiches.

I will post the chicken and steak results after the cook. I have a griddle that I am restoring, so this will be a great first cook on the new top.

I was thinking of frying up some fresh cut fries to go along with it.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          On Friday? I think I can make it in time for a sammie and some fries.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here