Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking on a Salt Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking on a Salt Block

My Grandchildren were pretty excited to get me a Himalayan Salt Block for Christmas. Several years ago I had one and made Fish and Pork Chops on it. Do any of you have ideas or suggestions for cooking on a Salt Block?

I have one and love it. Probably my favourite dish to do on it is a simple Black Pepper and Lime shrimp. Just get it screaming hot, drop the shrimp on, liberally grind pepper, and then squeeze half a lime. Flip the shrimp and repeat. Yummy!

Comment

That sounds like a good way to cook thin strips of Wagyu beef.

Comment

Lamb chops are pretty dang good. I wonder how a smash burger might be on one.
        Last edited by CaptainMike; January 1, 2020, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had lamb on my one and only. At a restaurant. Started to get to salty as I was finishing.

I do plain shrimp.
        Attached Files

Comment

The wife and I do salmon on it a lot

Comment

Never used one. My wife has a bunch of lamps made of it though.

Comment

Reminds me I got one last year for Christmas and never used it! Do you just scrape it after cooking on it or how do you or do you clean it?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here