Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New "Salting, Brining, Curing" Channel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New "Salting, Brining, Curing" Channel

We now have a channel dedicated to salt! "Salting, Brining, Curing" can be found here in the Recipes, Technique, Food, Cooking category. I've begun moving a few recent brining/curing/salt-related topics here.

We understand that it's not always cut & dry where to post certain topics that seem to fit in 2 places at once. For instance, "Dry brining wings". Is that more about dry brining (put in Salt channel), or about wings (Poultry channel)? Well, for now any topic that mostly relates to salting, brining, or cured meats/curing, let's put here in Salting, Brining, Curing instead of the meat's channel.

If it's about the verb, the action or process of salting, brining, or curing someting, please put it here. If it's about the noun, the meat and its use, go for the meat's channel. So curing bacon, please put it here instead of Pork... "How long should I brine my brisket, and how long will it take to cook?" might be more about the whole process of a cooking a brisket than simply the salting part...whereas "How much Prague powder should I buy and how long should I cure my turkey legs?" would be more tailored to Salting, Brining, Curing.

Yeah, it can be confusing. Try your best, mods will move topics they think best fit elsewhere.

In time we'll see if this works best. Thanks all for your cooperation!

Yet another new channel that adds to the complexity of posting here in the Pit. Each new post requires a review of subjective rules just to even get close to deciding the proper place. At least with the Dewey Decimal System they provide a card catalog to help users find the information they seek. None of this organization is doing anything to correct the horrific search capabilities the Pit provides presently.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw, could you be a little more clear about what you are trying to say lol

Donw
    Like I said, if it's too confusing or cumbersome, mods will move things. Please have fun. Worry about fun and cooking and sharing, we'll move if we need to.

I'm sorry about the horrible search. That's vBulletin. Be sure to try clicking the Advanced Search button, it will help narrow things down better. I know what you're saying, I use the Search function daily to find topics, and it's awful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-10-31 (2).png Views:	20 Size:	241.1 KB ID:	763539

Comment

There you go with "nouns" and "verbs" again

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Just learned them a couple weeks ago...

• WillieMac
        WillieMac commented
        Editing a comment
        I was looking for something else but your excellent user image stopped me. Love it. Also the cover of an old fave LP from way back.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here