Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salting meat before vacuum sealing and freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Art
    replied
    Salt vac freeze all the time 🤓

Leave a comment:

• ILikePigButts
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I read something about a cured texture on chefsteps but I think they were sous viding, I'll be smoking.

• Troutman
    replied
    I've pre-salted, sealed and frozen many times. Works just fine.

Leave a comment:

• ILikePigButts
    started a topic Salting meat before vacuum sealing and freezing

Salting meat before vacuum sealing and freezing

Just got back from my local grocery store and they had a few meat deals I had to take advantage of. I got an 8 lb pork butt, and buy one get one top rounds about 2.5 lbs each. Since I have no immediate plans for using any of them I was going to vac seal and freeze for later. My question is, would it be beneficial to salt the top rounds (butt already in cryovac) before sealing and freezing them? Would it save time and effort later or will it result in a strange cured texture after cooking?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here