Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum tumbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum tumbler

Hi everyone!
    Is anyone using a vacuum tumbler to speed up their marinade or curing times?

Interested especially to hear from folks using their machines for curing/marinading jerky and curing poultry and pork cuts.

Cheers
    Ken

Backroadmeats uses one quite often. I’m tagging him so he might drop by and help.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Came to mind immediatly.

Backroadmeats has one and did post something to do with it a while back. Sorry not good at searches to find a link. He uses it mainly for pork bellies.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry... Late to the party as normal.. I have been swamped since last August...what do you want to know?? Phosphates and sodium ethorbate are the key but.. understand how the machine and chemical work..

I’ve had my eye on this rig for quite sometime. Have not pulled the trigger though.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Would be coof if It was cordless and could roll in the fridge. I suspect 30 minutes is probably not sufficient for big cuts, more like for jersey and such.

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      That's it. I'm gettin one! This thing looks real cool and I have never heard of it.

I would like the dual chamber vacuum marination machine.

This VacMaster VP600 double chamber vacuum packaging floor machine with 2 sets of 24" seal bars is ideal for vacuum packaging liquids and liquid rich foods. This vacuum packaging machine removes the air from the entire chamber when sealing, not just the bag itself. By doing so, the air pressure is equalized both inside and outside the bag, keeping liquids contained and ensuring a superior seal every time. The extra large chamber and the (4) 24" wire seal bars allow you to seal products at double the rate of a sealer with just 1 set of seal bars. Quickly monitor the status of your products by looking at the easy-to-read vacuum gauge that indicates the vacuum level inside the chamber. The crystal clear LED screen also displays the current function or cycle time, measured in seconds, while the function lights illuminate to indicate the machine is in use. This model comes with a gas flush system option to give you more versatility. It removes oxygen from the bag and replaces it with a mixture of carbon dioxide and nitrogen, which gives the contents of the package a longer usable life. It's a great way to extend the life of your goods but where it really shines is on foods that can break or lose their shape under compression. Soft fruits and brittle products like dried foods, chips, and pasta can be crushed under a full vacuum cycle - the gas flush lets you stop that process short so that your items are sealed but still enjoy a longer product life due to the gas mixture. And since it injects gas into each bag at the seal, instead of the entire chamber, you get a better seal and more efficient use of gas compared to other models. Perfect for commercial operations with limited counter space, this floor model comes with (4) 3" easy rolling casters so you can move the unit out of the way when it's not in use. The VacMaster VP600 features a 3 hp oil vacuum pump for a tighter seal and an adjustable cycle time of 20-30 seconds. Also, this unit is easy to use and clean thanks to its crystal-clear digital display and stainless steel construction. This unit requires a 220V electrical connection for operation. Overall Dimensions: Left to Right: 59" Front to Back: 29" Height: 37" Chamber Dimensions: Left to Right: 28 1/2" Front to Back: 21 13/16" Height: 6"

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah right I’m thinking about a new Ferrari to go along with my Lamborghini

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman that's actual vacuum marination, dual chambers in order to achieve different pressure gradients. Everything claiming vacuum marination that fits on your counter top is likely urinating into the wind.

What kind of tumbling times are people using for the various meat cures and marinades?

Comment

We have used The Marinade Express machine for years and swear by it. Jerky, chicken, pork chops.
      Despite the critics and sacaraficing the science for experience which is the way to get best results in some cases it makes an astonishing difference. If you make jerky it will absolutely amaze you.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerkey came immediately to mind. Stir fry too.

Marinade Express link.
      The Marinade Express Pro quickly infuses your food with deeper flavor and juicy tenderness. The result is food that’s healthier for the whole family!

Comment

• wkw
        wkw commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Debra

I have a Marinade Express machine. How long are you tumbling for your jerky?

Comment

• Debra
        Debra commented
        Editing a comment
        wkw We go for an hour.
        1/4 inch thick slices.

I thought you were talking about a drinking glass..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here