Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrister DEW's All Purpose Marinade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donw
    replied
    Great recipe David. It has become our standard marinade here for many things.

Leave a comment:

• SmokingSteve
    replied
    I did this last week on skewers of boneless skinless chicken thighs with mushrooms, onions and baby tomatoes. It was really good! I'm going to try this on cubed pork chops with mushrooms and baby tomatoes today.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sure you could. And I'll bet it'd be terrific!

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Wife ate squirrel dumplings 2x before I let it slip due to too much whisky. Panhead John

• texastweeter
    replied
    Man, I'm thinking sub bourbon for the cognac and the do strips of chicken thighs on skewers with the white parts of green onions. Thicken the marinade with some arrowroot or corn starch as a dipping sauce and serve over rice! Good looking recipe!

Leave a comment:

• Maruk
    replied

I'm going to try this too, I'll use smoke powder. Can you also replace the cognac for Jack Daniels honey whiskey?

Leave a comment:

• Argoboy
    replied
    I liked what I read so I made batch today, but I did not have any liquid smoke. I marinaded some chicken thighs for a couple of hours and cooked them indirect on the gas grill, they turned out good we will try this again.
    thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I used to use dry sherry (not cream) for Asian cooking, but have switched to shaoxing wine.

• mgaretz
    replied
    I would substitute cream sherry for brandy/cognac, but then I use cream sherry in a lot of things I cook, but especially Asian food.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Thank you. Sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    My pleasure, Kathryn. Please let me know what you think. The sous vide tenders I made this week came out really good.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Ginger sounds good. I never thought of it.

• wrgilb
    replied
    This sounds good @Dewesq55, I'm going to give it a try. After I make a batch, I think I'll split it in half and add 1 tsp of ground ginger to one half and see what that does to the taste.
    Thanks for the recipe.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I did the same, saved to Paprika. It's close to the top of my "Try This" list. Thanks, Dewesq55 .

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Thanks for this. Saved to Paprika.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here