Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can use ONE commercial pork rub for the rest of your life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We like this best on wibs and chicken!

Comment

I've had Byron's Butt Rub on ribs and have liked it.
      Last edited by gcdmd; May 6, 2021, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        For many years that was my goto rub for butts and ribs, before discovering MMD. I still stock it, and I even use it on grilled veggies and such.

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Like you guys, Bad Byron's was my go-to before discovering this place. And I also keep it around. Imagine my surprise, though, when I actually looked at the label not too long ago and found there's no sugar in it. And yet, I always seem to get bark. Is this stuff magic, or what?

And yes, Hank's probably is better, although I'd sure love it to come in larger bottles.

If you want something a little sweeter, Honey Hog from Meat Church. If I want something more savory, I just do the 'ol Franklin/Lewis rub of salt, pepper, Lawry's salt and garlic. It's cheaper too

Comment

Meat Church Honey Pork Rub was soooo good. Ingredients were: Sugar, Turbado sugar, Brown sugar, Honey powder, chillies, and then spices. Was sweet, but with a little heat. Not salty. Lets put it this way: I did it on my Weber Summit Charcoal, and the family said "Best one evah!"
        Attached Files

Comment

For pork, it would be one of these two...
          Attached Files

Comment

I use Papa Bob's never will be worlds famous spicy chili rub, I kinda know the dude that makes it

Comment

Lately I have been using Meat Church products - The Gospel and Honey Hog Hot. MMD is still my go to, and I usually have some Hanks on hand.

Comment

Killer Hogs gets my vote. Less salt and more sweet.

Comment

Most of the commercial ones are too salty if you intend to dry brine, so I don't use them. MMD for me.

Comment

Pounding my way through a pack tube of Meat Church Honey Hog.

I would enjoy it for the rest of eternity, if necessary, but some variety is the spice of life.

I'd buy a few, and see what I love. And maybe mix a couple and find something extry special.

Comment

Smokin' Guns Hot. Dizzy Pig's Crossroads. Butcher BBQ's Sweet Chipoltle Rub mixed 50/50 with his premium rub. In no particular order, they all make good pork bark! Always start a pork butt with Big Poppa Smokers' Jallelujah (not the bacon one).

Comment

• Debra
                      Debra commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My family has used Smokin' Guns on everything for years. We've occassionaly experimented with others and always gone back. Especially for ribs.
                      Cook Shack BBQsauce is always on tap also.

That photo looks like Double-D meats. If so, what a great shop.

Comment

• rickgregory
                      rickgregory commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, it is. That's a small portion of their inventory, as you know.
                      Last edited by rickgregory; November 5, 2021, 10:52 AM.

I have never used a commercial pork rub.

Comment

Most of the time I use my basic rub with a few additions that punch it different directions, but I have been trying some commercial rubs recently. They are good and I enjoy their differences.

Comment

DEFINITELY PORK FEROCITY!

https://alchemistfirebbq.com/ NO SALT ADDED

The fact that it is my son's company has NOTHING to do with this recommendation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_354_720x.png
Views:	161
Size:	575.3 KB
ID:	1120455
                        https://alchemistfirebbq.com/#:~:text=A%20sweet%20and%20smoky%20blend,will%20le vel%20up%20your%20cooking.
                        Last edited by fracmeister; November 5, 2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
                          klflowers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have this on my list to try. I need to thin out the herd a little first though

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here