Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can use ONE commercial pork rub for the rest of your life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use ONE commercial pork rub for the rest of your life...

... which one is it?

I ask because my local butcher has... a lot of options....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0627 (1).jpeg
Views:	898
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1026993

Commercial is not my bag. So I vote uh uh.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Being single, making my own is about as expensive a buying. And I'm lazy

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I have tried a few commercial rubs, my wife prefers my mixtures better, and quite frankly, so do I. Edited to add, I don’t think mine concoctions are better, I’m pretty certain they are not, they just have been more fine tuned for what my wife and I enjoy, and how it balances various flavors of various cooks, for our liking.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; May 4, 2021, 10:10 AM.

• SmokingPat
      SmokingPat commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory It's not much easier making rubs yourself. Endless supply of recipes in books and on the internet! 😜

buy one of each and you have until the end of time to figure out which was best!

Comment

I vote Killer Hogs.

Comment

• leol2
        leol2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I second

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        +3

• leol2
        leol2 commented
        Editing a comment
        +4
        but meat church has some great rubs

If I must use a commercial pork rub, it is going to be Hank’s (ie @Henrik) KC Royale.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Eric!!

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        2nd!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        So, Hank’s KC Royale is really good. I like, my wife, my kids all like it. It’s reasonably priced. And I simply don’t have time to try a billion different pork rubs, so I go with a good one that supports my friend’s business. That simple, really.

Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon.

Comment

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        Second

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        Third. Best damn chicken and pork rub out there

• wrgilb
        wrgilb commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on this bandwagon for Secret Weapon, but also like Dominator on ribs. Oakridge makes great products.

My choice would also be Hank’s. I like it a lot, and more importantly it is my wife’s favorite.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you 🙏

Anything with salt.

Comment

Blues Hog Sweet and Savory, or Hanks KC. If you put a gun to my head, I'd say Hanks.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Muchos gracias!

CL's all meat seasoning from townsend spice & supply.

Comment

There's so many rubs out there it could take you ten plus years to try them all then narrow it down.
          I make my own rubs but if I see something that strikes my interest when shopping I'll give it a go.
          Sadly many rubs are regional or aren't available up here in the boonies or for you in Seattle.
          One of the few I have tried was a Blues Hog product so I'll go with that.

Comment

Used Trim Tabbs Pig Powder since before I knew anything about this site. Still use the rub, but the outcome is far better now. His daughter had a restaurant down the road where it was easily bought. Now I order in bulk online when I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by glitchy View Post
              Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon.
              I'm on this bandwagon for Secret Weapon, but also like Dominator on ribs. Oakridge makes great products.

Comment

I will have to finally decide, pick one and leave the others behind.
                SPG is great and goes with everything. No, wait there is Oink and Hollar from Sugar's BBQ or swine life, I still have not tried Killers hog, Meat Church. I have not yet decided on making my own.
                This question is not fair! I tell you. Not Fair.
                But thanks for asking.
                Happy grilling to you, and PBR too

Comment

Definitely Pork Ferocity from www.alchemistfirebbq.com. Since my son makes it

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, that changes everything. 🕶

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, your son definitely trumps all

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here