Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lemon/Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alec coxe
    commented on 's reply
    yes,it took me two days to clean it ;and I tried everything .I was making a fried rice dish and the oil just stuck to the griddle ..I toweled ,then scraped ,then sos pads ;also tried to burn greese off ..Not fun

• rpg421
    replied
    Any body using a Blackstone Griddle?

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, and thank you
    fzxdoc commented
    January 19, 2021, 06:02 AM
    Steve B , check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h97l...ature=youtu.be

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Har har har?

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    How Bazaar to forget the PBR, and the emotional scar after coming so far.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Except he forgot the PBR, that's why I can't give him a star !!!

• bbqLuv
    replied
    You done Good, as a Griller should.

Leave a comment:

• thptrek
    replied
    This turned out fantastic. Flavors were great. Meat was so flavorful.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    . . .

• RDSBandit
    replied
    Last edited by RDSBandit; September 10, 2021, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    commented on 's reply
    About 3/4 chimney of charcoal. Vent settings were wide open on top and bottom. The temp was around 325 d. I don't think I'll do the wood split again. It did add some smokiness, but I found it did not really compliment the lemon/herb flavor. The bird did come out very moist.

• JakeT
    replied
    I like your setup with the log there. Did you put a full chimney's worth of lit charcoal in? What were your vent settings and what temp did it run at?

The cook looks delish I was thinking about doing a spatchcocked chicken on my PK this past weekend

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Hole
    replied
    Whoa, what the heck happened?!? I log on about once a month to get the spatchcock recipe and found this thread. I never gave it a thought to derib because I have never have had a failed cook yet. Maybe next time. Okay, off to the Yoder 640. I can hardly wait for the goodness to come. Thanks for the thread.
    Last edited by Smokin' Hole; February 16, 2021, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Ever since the Doc ☝posted the link I also remove the breast bones (deboning the whole bird is just to much of a mission). As you mention it is so much easier for serving. Like your style on the bird it looks so good. Great job all round Sir.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Kathryn fzxdoc

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here