Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smokin fools's Drunkin Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smokin fools's Drunkin Chicken

Due to over whelming demand....well, by two people anyway....my recipe for Drunken chicken

2 trays/ 24 pieces skinless chicken thighs with or without bone your choice
    On a frying pan/electric grill/ BBQ/smoker any way you want to cook them your not hurting my feelings

EVOO cook surface
    Cover thighs in dry rub of your choice and fry each side for 5-7 minutes

In a large pot:
    - 1 tall boy of red beer
    - 2 cups chicken stock
    - couple dollops whorchester sauce
    - 2/3/4 tablespoons of dry rub
    - 1 bottle BBQ sauce
    - 1 cup Ketchup
    None of these ingredients is written in stone, you want to sub or add things like hot sauce be my guest.
    Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, add the cooked chicken thighs and simmer for 1.5 hours to 2 hours more if you want

Slice up an onion and cube up green/red/yellow/orange peppers and add them depending on how well you want them cooked, firmer or mushy.

Serve on a bed of rice or whatever floats your boat.

This is an unscientific recipe as you will find in any cook book, does take some time to prepare but its a fav in this house.

Please enjoy, Brad
    Last edited by smokin fool; December 16, 2020, 05:51 PM.

What is red beer?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Red Dog lol

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeremiah Red is my favorite.

• fracmeister
      fracmeister commented
      Editing a comment
      (sing!) Rudolph drank good old red beer! Caused a very shiny nose! GO on and make this chicken, serve it to your friends and foes! Then one foggy Saturday night, when Meathead comes to smoke. You can log into ar dot com and checkout the latest jokes! (and on and on)

Sounds like a winner.

Comment

Yes along the lines of Killian Red
      Ive used regular ales and lagers but a red lager seems to up it just a bit
      Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        You boil a whole bottle of BBQ sauce and a cup of ketchup with the stock and beer? And what do you mean by EVOO cook surface? Rub the chicken with olive oil then the rub? You should also post that picture here with your recipe. That’s a huge selling point cause it looks so good.
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 16, 2020, 05:43 PM.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, beer/stock/ bbq sauce and ketchup pour it all in the pot and let it boil/simmer.
        Today I used an electric grill to brown the thighs so covered grill in extra virgin olive oil and brought it up to heat for frying/cooking.
        I shake the rub on the thighs before putting them on the grill, first flip I dry rub the other side

IMPORTANT: SKINLESS THIGHS ARE THE BEST

Who’s drunken?

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, & how much do ya have ta drink to be drunken?

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        My kids when they where younger named it drunkin for the tall boy of beer in it.
        They figured they were drinking beer while they ate.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I swear to drunk HouseHomey, I'm not God.

Sub PBR for Red Beer,
      looks good, Might have to make that my self.

Comment

Will try with a Zigen Bach tomorrow.

Comment

I just bought some of this yesterday; sounds like it would work:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OB_GKnight_Can_Render_WithInfo-1200x1200.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	957610

Comment

• JGrana
            JGrana commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm, a Red Ale versus an India Pale Ale ... Lots (likely lots and lots) more hop notes. Go light on the other spices ;-)

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a good beer, very strong! I’ve been liking Oskar Blues lately.

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            More Oskar Blues! I need to go get some Dale’s Pale now......this recipe sounds like a lot of fun and a great pot luck dish. I have a similar dish. Pollo Borracho.

Here’s a picture of smokin fool ‘s Drunken Chicken. Doesn’t it look good! Click image for larger version

Name:	89B24B10-FB26-4D23-81A2-81134034DF7F.jpeg
Views:	643
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	957838

Comment

Chicken just went in the braise. Didn't get to try it till now.

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Used my homemade stock, home made BBQ sauce, my chicken rub, a Beer (there is only one, right?) Hunts Ketchup, and subbed fish sauce for the worsh-yer-sister sauce (used the last I had in the house in my sauce yesterday night). Will add a noonday onion, and 4 different color bell peppers in a bit.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Can’t wait for your pics and review!

Lid on, off, or cracked? Does it matter?

Comment

Coming along.
            Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good, stir every so often so the meat on the bottom doesn't scald.
              But looks like you nailed it

Screw you man...this was terrible. So terrible my guts hurt from eating too much, and I can't wait until I have enough room for another bowl...

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              😂😂😂

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Man get to the hospital....
              My recipe's have done this to others too.
              I feel bad.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here