Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thai Style Chicken Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thai Style Chicken Wings

Thai-Style Chicken Wings

Poultry
    Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: Serves: 2-4 people

Ingredients:
    Wings
    2-3 lbs chicken wings
    1 ½ tsp DC kosher salt
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp turmeric
    ½ tsp chili powder
    Cilantro (optional)
    Sauce
    ¼ cup Bachan’s Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce (or Hot & Spicy if you want extra heat)
    2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
    1 tbsp garlic, minced
    1 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce

Directions:
    1. Mix salt, garlic powder, ground coriander, turmeric, and chili powder.
    2. Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and season with spice mixture.
    3. Heat grill to 400 degrees F.
    4. Add chicken wings to grill and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
    5. Add Bachan's Original Barbecue Sauce, 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and sweet chili sauce to a sauce pan and stir over medium heat until smooth.
    6. Serve wings with the peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro (optional).
    Recipe provided by @bbqtourist

Source: https://bachans.com/blogs/recipes/th...-chicken-wings
    Last edited by SheilaAnn; February 8, 2024, 04:55 PM. Reason: Deleted the symbol in the sauce ingredient bachan’s

Sounds delicious.
    This looks like just the ticket to use some of the Bachan's we have been wanting to try...

Comment

Just put this one in Paprika for later

Comment

That sounds good! have added to my book.

Comment

Oh weird, I am making wings tonight! LFG on this recipe. I love a good peanut sauce.

I am gonna fry them. Then toss in the rub, then toss in the sauce.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker That sounds good. My version came out really thick (I over reduced), but before I even heated it up, it was thick. Imho, might be too thick to toss, or thin it out some maybe with a little extra soy.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Loved this recipe. That rub was very good. And you can't beat the peanut sauce.

Added to my huge paprika collection

Comment

Yum!

Comment

😀 and PBR to you!

Comment

Loved this recipe. That rub was very good. And you can't beat the peanut sauce.

I fried my wings and then tossed in the rub. I had the peanut sauce separately and did not toss the wings in the sauce as it was a little thick. But man, this had great flavor that I really loved.

I will be making the rub again for sure. I used fresh cilantro from the garden and cut it up into the rub, very finely. That added a really nice touch.

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Here are the wings in the fryer!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7372.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1257507
                Tossed in the rub! This rub gives you a really nice coating.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7373.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1257508

Comment

Okay, now I understand all the hubbub about Bachan's. I was just picking up a couple of things in Publix, and suddenly Bachan's was staring back at me. I doubt it's been there before, in fact there wasn't even a tag for it on the shelf. Picked up a bottle of Hot and Spicy. Licked the inside of the paper sealing the top as I put it into the fridge and very nearly went for a straw. This stuff is the bomb.

Will definitely do this recipe with it soon. Likely to be skewers, though, we just aren't big on wings in our house.

Comment

• Finster
                    Finster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hadn't thought of skewers. Good idea.
                    I just cut grilled chicken breast into chunks and then mix with the sauce.
                    Skewers might call for basting with sauce while on the grill. Might add a whole new dimension 🤷‍♂️

Went on the Bachan's web site and browsed the recipes. There are a bunch I want to try including these Thai Wings. Found a Canadian web site selling the Bachan's sauces so I ordered some regular and some hot and spicy. Can't wait to try it!

Comment

pkadare bookmarked and ordered. thanks again

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here