Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chef Jean-Pierre's Traditional Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEbbq
    replied
    Excellent carving instructions that I want to use this year. And, he is very entertaining and immediately like able. I subscribed!
    Last edited by STEbbq; November 17, 2021, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Chef Jean-Pierre's Traditional Turkey, sure makes it look simple and easy.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    The best part is using that fork to better expose the hip and knee joints prior to slicing through and skooching the breast meat aside to more easily scrape it off the keel bone and ribs.

I never used a meat fork like that on a turkey. I'll give it a try this year.

Thanks, ecowper for posting the video.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Removing the entire breast is fairly new to me, as well. I think I first did it 2 years ago. Before that, I always carved the traditional way. Jean-Pierre’s way means everyone gets a nice crispy slice of skin and seasoning.

• smokin fool
    replied
    Cool vid, especially the carving portion.
    I have to admit I always carved the breast meat off the bird, it was just this year I learned to remove the entire breast and then cut it like this chef did.
    Such a simple thing but I never did it before.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    He reminds me more of a goofy Emeril but he is an accomplished chef. Ive done maybe 15 or so of his recipes, good straight forward teacher.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Totally agree. And love listening to him

• willxfmr
    replied
    Great video. He always reminds me of Julia Child, but with more liquor to calm his nerves.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    started a topic Chef Jean-Pierre's Traditional Turkey

Chef Jean-Pierre's Traditional Turkey

This is more or less how I cooked turkey before I got brave enough to try it Meathead's way. I learned it from my grandma, who did not stuff the bird. She cooked the dressing in the oven and stuffed the bird with fruit and herbs like the Chef here does.

If you are looking for a really great traditional approach in the oven, this is it. Right down to turning the neck into gravy!

And I LOVE listening to Chef Jean-Pierre!

Also, if you just want some of the greatest carving instruction there are, skip to about 17:50 in the video.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here