Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled chicken breast stuffed with mozzallea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled chicken breast stuffed with mozzallea

I came across the recipe via Grilled.net, and the contributor of Mike Johnson. So it's not mine, but I liked it, and I grilled it. Bottom line, it's really tasty and simple to make, no matter your grill of choice. I did mine on an Egg, at 400. Recipe serves 4. My difference is I brined my breasts with kosher salt for 3 hours prior to the grill.

4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 pound chicken boneless breast (3 is usually what you'll see in a pack)
    1/4 tbs butter
    1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
    1/4 tsp teaspoon celery salt
    Black pepper to taste

Slice breasts horizontally, open up, and pepper to your taste, then add the cheese for each one. Close the breasts after adding the cheese.

In a microwave safe bowl, put in the butter, hot sauce, and celery salt, microwave about 30 seconds, take out, and stir to blend.

Bring the grill to medium heat. (On my Egg, I go with the temp at 400)

Brush one side of the chicken with the sauce, put on the grill sauce side up, and close the grill.

Grill for 7 minutes, flip, and sauce the top side.

Grill for 5 minutes. Pull chicken, flip it over, brush the chicken again with remaining sauce for color and flavor, and pepper both sides for taste..

I like this recipe a lot, and here are the pics of the cook. (GrillGrates optional as seen in pics)
    Last edited by DJ DeSpain; September 13, 2015, 10:41 PM.

Forgot to add to the post header that this is a spicy recipe as one of the main ingredient's is Frank's Hot Sauce.

Comment

That sounds REALLY good. I love Frank's on chicken. I put it on McChicken sandwiches from McDonald's. I think I would use provolone though, better flavor for my tastes than plain mozzarella...I can't wait to try this, thanks.

Comment

• DJ DeSpain
        DJ DeSpain commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for compliments, I went with the mozzarella as it's on the recipe, and it worked for me. But prololone might be a good tweak!

• Munch
        Munch commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe a nice imported Gouda. Or Havarti even.

Nice cook, thanks for sharing! Do you use any toothpicks to "stitch" or hold them together so they don't flop open during the grilling (when turning them)?

Comment

• DJ DeSpain
        DJ DeSpain commented
        Editing a comment
        No, once I put them on to cook for the first 7 minutes, the cheese melted enough to hold the chicken together for the flip.

I'm in for this. Thanks!

Comment

That looks delicious!!

Comment

I would suggest that instead of grilling for x-amount of minutes, that we grill the chicken to 160-165 IT, since we go by temp not time 'round these parts.

Comment

• DJ DeSpain
            DJ DeSpain commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll keep that in mind with future posts. Myself, I also checked with a Thermapen after 12 minutes to be sure, and they were between 163 to 167.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            DJ DeSpain perfecto!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here