Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell Chicken on Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornell Chicken on Rotisserie

All:

Here is an addition to Meathead's recipe on Cornell Chicken.

Use the Simon + Garfinkel rub. (Really easy) I have the same prepared all the time; actually very common and add pepper to taste since more makes the rub more spicey.

Soak the whole chicken 3-4 lbs. in baste as recommended. A 3-4 lb. chicken will fit in a pot in fridge for 6-24 hours.

I do not poke holes in skin on a rotisserie since this as not neceassary in our case, however if you are quartering it and placing on a grill, go for it.

Sprinkle rub on chicken before putting on grill but as Meathead suggests, just dab lightly..

Put Chicken on rotisserie in BBQ at 300 and have an accurate thermometer to 170+ degrees F; Since the baste on the Meathead Chicken uses egg, it is important to have a higher end temperature.

Work: Every 15 minutes or so dab the rotating chicken with baste. Make sure you hava a drip pan underneath, but use baste not from droip pan

it is very important to manage internal temperature when using an egg marinade. Therefore, on a rotisserie, get it to 170+ absolutely minimum to kill any salmonella. It will still be tender.

This is a winner

Regards

KINGBBQ
    Attached Files

Love me some Cornell Chicken. I’ll have to hit it with some S&G next time.

Comment

Thanks for this recipe. I've been experimenting with different foods and techinques on the rotisserie and spit lately. I'm going to give this a go.

Comment

160 actually does fine for eggs. Plus, the baste is on the surface so that stuff hits 200+ running 300.

Great job on the recipe incorporating the rotisserie.

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here