Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple pork tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple pork tenderloin

With old age setting in, keeping things simple seems to work better.
    Amazing how juicy they turned out.
    Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Simple, easy, and tasty.
    1-Pork Tenderloin
    2-Rub
    3-BBQ sauce and honey

Trim meat
    apply rub
    smoke at 250*f to 130*f internal, about (45-50 minutes)
    apply glaze, 3 to 1 BBQ sauce to honey
    set glaze at 300*f actually the whole cook can be done at 250*f (about 15-20 minutes)
    Finished at 145*f internal.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork Tenderloin #1.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	1138005 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork Tenderloin #2.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	1138006 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork Tenderloin #3.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1138007

That looks great! Pork Tenderloin is always a hit IMO. It doesn't look like you need any suggestions.

Comment

• EdVoss
      EdVoss commented
      Editing a comment
      I used your recipe tonight, only changed the rub to Flavor Anonymous The Cure. It was incredibly good!! Thanks for sharing!!

One of my faves. If I decide last minute to smoke sone meat, this is my go to. The grocery store just down the street always has them so I run over there and boom we’re in business. Always a winner.

Comment

So, what's in the rub? I have tried several, but always come back to SPG.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        SPG is a real good rub to go to. This time I used Traeger's Coffee.

Did one this way on Sat night, always a winner in these parts.
      I use my homemade rub, which is a take off on Meathead's Memphis rub, but have used Blueshogg and a coupla others I can't think of the name of offhand.
      On special up here this week so stocked up.

Comment

Awesome cook!!! We love pork tenderloin. It's very lean but stays juicy and tender if not overcooked.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          I am finding that out. I wonder what took me so long.

• Dadof3Illinois
          Dadof3Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          Try cutting slices about 11/4" thick and wrap in bacon like some do filet mignon. Then just grill like a steak...so good!!

Love pork tenderloin. We did a fair amount of it in a toaster oven during a kitchen remodel--comes out great as long as you don't overcook it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with simple! A lot of the time......that is the best route.

Comment

Just smoked a set of pork tenderloins last night. 250 for 1 to 1 1/4 hours is usually right on the money.

Last night went with one Honey Mustard and the other one traditional BBQ flavor.

I like seasoning each one differently.

Some of my favorite / different combos have been:

One Sweet and One Spicy

One Buffalo seasoned One Ranch seasoned

One Sage and One Rosemary

Comment

noice! take it up a notch and do a bone in pork lion crown 🤴
              Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that is a suggestion.

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                bbqLuv That’s all the advice I can give ya, I did’t make it, it was served to me by a friend, way above my pit-grade 😲

• stokester
                stokester commented
                Editing a comment
                Fixed a crown roast last Christmas to rave reviews and plan to do the same this year. I just followed the recipe on the site.

I too love a good moist pork loin. I still prefer to roll mine open, stuff it with fresh ingredients then tie it up and put it on the rotisserie. Pork and a sweet glaze always complement one another and you got some good eats !!!

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                I wonder, stuff it with Apple pie filling?

Did this tonight, came out great! Kosmos killer bee rub + apple chipotle bbq sauce. PBC was running a bit hot but cooked perfectly.

Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                perfect

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here