Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuban Roast Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I always make black beans and rice with this. And of course, leftovers are Cubanos!

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    Cook's choice

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I do a version of this from America’s Test Kitchen on my BGE. It uses a pork picnic brined for 18-24 hours in a brine-marinade before drying and covering the paste and cooking at 325.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Served with frijoles negras con arroz. Growing up, I had a buddy who’s mom was from Cuba. She made this often and I loved it. You posting this recipe reminds me of all the meals I somehow ended up eating at their house as well as my trip to Cuba.

I think I have a pork loin in the freezer, this may just be what I do with it! Thanks for posting!

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Instead of the oven, try a pellet grill to give it a kiss of smoke.
    Thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    I see the hour you posted this so all is forgiven 😂

• Draznnl
    replied
    Looks delicious.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    It will work outside. I use a similar recipe from 3 Guys From Miami. It is delicious. I smoke 6 hours and then break the butt up, put it in a Dutch oven and finish in the BBQ. In the Dutch oven, I use some of the same ingredients from the marinade/paste. Oh my gosh, leftover Cuban sandwiches on the panini grill are fantastic. I urge you to try the BBQ method. You will love it.

Leave a comment:

• Wedunne
    replied
    Does the rum go in the marinade or in the cook?

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    started a topic Cuban Roast Pork

Cuban Roast Pork

This is from The Complete Meat Cookbook from Aidells-Kelly in 1998

2 T minced garlic
    1 T chopped fresh oregano
    1 t ground cumin
    1/4 c dark rum
    3/4 cup fresh orange juice
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1 T olive oil
    2 t salt
    1 t ground black pepper
    4-6# pork

marinade overnight. Roast in the oven at 325*F. Y’all know what to do here. I have never done this outside. I just really love this marinade.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here