Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been asked to post my pork rib recipe, so here we go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pkadare
    replied
    Since you're firing up the grill anyway, why not do the entire cook on it? You're missing out on all of the great smoke flavour, not to mention that you lose the benefit of the convection oven by wrapping them in foil.
    I'm so confused.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Open the oven door every two mins and blow really hard.

• willxfmr
    replied
    Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    What is your rub and in what amounts? If we do not
    have a convection oven, what do you recommend?

Ribs look good though!
    Last edited by STEbbq; August 5, 2021, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tmaan235
    started a topic Been asked to post my pork rib recipe, so here we go.

Been asked to post my pork rib recipe, so here we go.

Usually, I start with pork ribs from Aldi. They are not labeled "Baby Back" but I think they compare well.
    Problem is Aldi runs out regularily of ribs. When I see them, I buy them out, don't care how many are there as long as they meet the criteria of well filled out with meat but not having the big slab of meat on top that crushes the proper cook.

Ok, starter done. Take these ribs at room temp and salt lightly and leave alone for 30 min or more. Short brine if you will.
    Depending on oven size, I use my convection smaller oven so I need to cut the rack in half to fit in the smaller space.
    Convection rules!! Such an even cook.
    Here's the key, season, wrap in tin foil, put in a 275 oven for 1.75 to 2.5 hr. I give a range because ovens are different.
    What you're looking for is the ribs coming out of the oven are starting to pull back on the bones but not all the way. Let the grill finish that. This little piece of awsomeness is nice because the ribs are cooked but not seared and have steeped in their own spiced juices for the oven time.
    Fire the grill!! Let the ribs rest in the foil.
    When coals are hot, unwrap the ribs and put them on the grill. If you have an audience unwrap the racks over the grill for a real nice showy flare up from the liquids inside the foil Ya, I'm a whore
    So now you're on the clock, the ribs need about 10 min a side to sear and carmelize the sauce before they become overdone.
    Move with a purpose. Not much time
    Sauce carmelized, ribs be done! Depending on how you cook on the grill will determine fall off the bone or you need to pull the meat off the bone. It's a learning process.
    Best of luck all and enjoy!!
    Yup, tmaan said dat!
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here