Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken-fried.....bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treesmacker
    replied
    Can we get some mashed potatoes and gravy to dip that into!

Leave a comment:

• TxF
    replied
    I always thought fried twinkies were at the top of things to fry.

I saw someone make Waygu brisket boudin the other day, that may be the pinnacle of what you can do with a brisket if you don’t want it sliced.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    My problem is that would have eaten half the brisket point by the time i got done carving it up.

• Attjack
    replied
    I've done something similar and wasn't impressed. Maybe I did it wrong I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Sounds good, but to go with it I recommend some Chicken Fried Brisket Burnt Ends...

Leave a comment:

• johnjohn
    replied
    I do like the way that the formula requires Wright's Bacon, yet I laughed uncontrollably when I took a gander at the Nutrition Facts.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Me thinks the pic has nuthin to do with what they’re talkin bout. The recipe did call fer 2 cups of flower. A case of photographically challengement.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Jus got th time to check out their receipt. They gots absolutely no ideal how to chicken fry a dadgum thing, y'all...

Gimme a spell; Southern Style to follow, after a trial run, or eleventeen......y'all can then take yer choice, from a few...

Lemme ask yall this; if'n yall went into any Diner, ordered 'Chicken Fried' anything, an it comed out lookin like that there: nekkid, with a few, teensy lil specks of flour dredge on it, zackly, jus how cool would ya be wit dat, huh?

Goin by they pic: An utterly Epic, Tragic, an Wholly Avoidable FAIL+++)

Bein jus as Generous, an Lenient as this point in th week allows...

Life's jus too dang short fer bad foods...

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Wright is owned by Tyson so maybe they want to keep getting chicken.

• 58limited
    replied
    Yep, good stuff. Sodolak's in Snook has been serving it for years. Can't be any worse for you than pork belly burnt ends.

Considering that HEB has their own line of bacon, it is funny that their recipe calls for Wright's.
    Last edited by 58limited; May 13, 2021, 09:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Save me a spot, yall: I'm Definitely In!!!

Any yall ever tried usin pork rubs on yer oven bacon? Makes fer some mighty fine dinin, folks!!!!

I'd definitely be seasonin th flour, to suit my taste du jour, or intended use of th bacon...

Leave a comment:

• lemayp
    commented on 's reply
    I like part about keeping the bacon juice.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Chicken-fried.....bacon? If not the best thing in the world it is a close second.

You know it has to go with BBQ and PBR.

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    commented on 's reply
    mmhmm. what i was thinking.

• Mark V
    replied
    I'm in.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here