Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken-fried.....bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken-fried.....bacon?

I'm not sure this is the best thing in the world or if it is just-because-you-can-doesn't-mean-you-should.....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      mmhmm. what i was thinking.

I do like the fact that the recipe calls for Wright's Bacon, but I laughed out loud when I looked at the Nutrition Facts...

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      But....15% of one's daily calcium doesn't seem too bad......

• lemayp
      lemayp commented
      Editing a comment
      I like part about keeping the bacon juice.

I'm in.

Comment

Chicken-fried.....bacon? If not the best thing in the world it is a close second.

You know it has to go with BBQ and PBR.

Comment

Save me a spot, yall: I'm Definitely In!!!

Any yall ever tried usin pork rubs on yer oven bacon? Makes fer some mighty fine dinin, folks!!!!

I'd definitely be seasonin th flour, to suit my taste du jour, or intended use of th bacon...

Comment

Yep, good stuff. Sodolak's in Snook has been serving it for years. Can't be any worse for you than pork belly burnt ends.

Considering that HEB has their own line of bacon, it is funny that their recipe calls for Wright's.
          Last edited by 58limited; May 13, 2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Wright is owned by Tyson so maybe they want to keep getting chicken.

Jus got th time to check out their receipt. They gots absolutely no ideal how to chicken fry a dadgum thing, y'all...

Gimme a spell; Southern Style to follow, after a trial run, or eleventeen......y'all can then take yer choice, from a few...

Lemme ask yall this; if'n yall went into any Diner, ordered 'Chicken Fried' anything, an it comed out lookin like that there: nekkid, with a few, teensy lil specks of flour dredge on it, zackly, jus how cool would ya be wit dat, huh?

Goin by they pic: An utterly Epic, Tragic, an Wholly Avoidable FAIL+++)

Bein jus as Generous, an Lenient as this point in th week allows...

Life's jus too dang short fer bad foods...

Comment

Me thinks the pic has nuthin to do with what they’re talkin bout. The recipe did call fer 2 cups of flower. A case of photographically challengement.

Comment

I do like the way that the formula requires Wright's Bacon, yet I laughed uncontrollably when I took a gander at the Nutrition Facts.

Comment

Sounds good, but to go with it I recommend some Chicken Fried Brisket Burnt Ends...

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
                  Michael_in_TX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My problem is that would have eaten half the brisket point by the time i got done carving it up.

I've done something similar and wasn't impressed. Maybe I did it wrong I don't know.

Comment

I always thought fried twinkies were at the top of things to fry.

I saw someone make Waygu brisket boudin the other day, that may be the pinnacle of what you can do with a brisket if you don’t want it sliced.

Comment

Can we get some mashed potatoes and gravy to dip that into!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here