Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATK Cast Iron Pan Pizza Recipe II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATK Cast Iron Pan Pizza Recipe II

Ok, so taking the lead from pkadare I tried again. My first attempt was not as successful. This time, I added a bit more sea salt. Good move, imho. 1.5 tsp fine sea salt. And I took the dough to 48 hours. I made it Wednesday afternoon. Honestly, the 24 hours was just fine. This was nice, BF loved it. Bottom crust was the same… I used less olive oil (not by design) and it still worked.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F6D2C77E-552D-4C17-A701-988AE6D237FC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.11 MB ID:	1188346
    after 48 hours
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C04D6DD6-0912-4C99-9059-EC37641DCACA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.25 MB ID:	1188349
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8D178F74-3124-4BD7-AE69-CB7E8603AAA6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	1188348
    Click image for larger version  Name:	62D1EBF1-6F8F-4085-A295-1B1ECADE868A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	1188347
    Last edited by SheilaAnn; March 12, 2022, 12:32 AM.

SheilaAnn that looks awesome!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      But I can do better! It’s not my best work.

Very very nice.

Comment

It looks great! What ingredients are on it?

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        I picked up a pepperoni stick from my local Italian deli and sliced it myself. Didn’t get as thin as I would have wanted, so took it a step further and cut into half moons. Cremini mushrooms and red onion (because I had a half in the fridge and wanted to use it up). Whole milk mozzarella. Super hard to grate because it’s so soft, but so good on the pizza.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn toss that cheese in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make it easier to grate

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        uummm…… 🤯

Lookin' really good girl!

Comment

Very Nice!!

Comment

PIZZA!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Mmmm. That looks quite delicious! I've done something similar in a cast iron skillet in the oven before, but not in a long time, and I don't think I waited that long on the dough either.

Wish my wife would like pan pizza. She's a thin crust girl though, with the thinner the better. Mostly as it means less calories and carbs I think...

Comment

Awesome. I wish I could get dough to rise like that.

Comment

I have PIZZA envy.

Comment

Looks awesome for the second try, anything you would change for the next time?

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                      SheilaAnn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Honestly, not really. I think I finally overcame my "pizza crutch". I put my stone on the bottom rack and preheat the oven at 500F (it’s as high as I can go) for about an hour. The dough sits on the range turning the pan a bit during the final proof. I reset the oven temp to what the recipe calls for. Top the pie and CI pan goes directly on the pizza stone.

Next Friday, I am going to do a more Chicago style thin crust. Same set up in the oven but the pie will be slid in via a peel.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here