Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt Gregs Wood Oven Pizza Sauce Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptGreg
    replied
    Chorizo and Feta Pizza

Dough of your choice for 12" pizza
    Pizza sauce

1-2 small Spanish chorizo sausage links thinly sliced
    4 mushrooms thinly sliced
    mozzarella
    3 tablespoons of roasted red pepper
    feta, crumbled

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; top with sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle the diced roasted red pepper on the pizza, then top with the chorizo slices. Sprinkle the top with feta cheese to taste.

Leave a comment:

• CaptGreg
    started a topic Capt Gregs Wood Oven Pizza Sauce Recipe

Capt Gregs Wood Oven Pizza Sauce Recipe

I had started a thread over in the pizza oven section but thought it would fit better here. Over the years I've played with my pizza oven and enjoyed many pizza parties I've found and come up with some unique pizzas. Some are better than others. I know pizza is basic but maybe there are a few ideas here to inspire others.

There are plenty of dough recipes, use the one you like and are comfortable using. If I refer to pizza sauce in a recipe the one I use is below. use as much sauce as you like, Some like lots some like little.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5260(1).jpg Views:	9 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	1084600

Wood oven cooked pizza sauce.

Several sprigs of fresh basil leaves
    1 medium yellow onion thin sliced
    1 28 ounce can of Whole peeled San Marzano Tomatoes
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

I use my small cast iron dish (picture attached) with the slices of onion, then the basil leaves on top of the onion. Lastly I line the tomatoes on top. I will pour some of the sauce they come in but not overload the dish. I put this in the wood oven for 15-30 min depending on my fire. I look for a light char on top of the tomatoes and its bubbling. You can smell when the onion and basil are cooked. Pull the dish out of the oven pour it all into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and use an immersion blender to mix. If you do not have an immersion blender a regular one will work. ****Be VERY careful blending!!!! this is very hot and will cause burns if your blending is not done safely****

Makes about 4 cups of sauce and freezes well

This is the base sauce I use for all my pizzas, I know some people like garlic in their sauce, you can slice the garlic and put it in the onion layer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here