Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sherry Cream Crab Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherry Cream Crab Sauce

Since SheilaAnn inquired about this sauce I thought I would share the recipe.

I scaled it down for 2.

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    2 tablespoons flour
    2 green onions, with about 2 inches green, thinly sliced
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 cup dry sherry
    4 ounces lump crabmeat
    2 cups heavy whipping cream
    1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, or Creole seasoning, or to taste
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    Salt, to taste
    Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions
    Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in flour, onions, and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.

Add the sherry and crabmeat to the flour mixture; gradually add the cream, stirring constantly. Stir in Cajun seasoning and tomato paste. Simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce slightly.

Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper, if necessary.

efincoop thank you! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Comment

I would drink this.

That does look very tasty!

Comment

That looks awesome ... and it's already in Paprika for posterity.

Comment

I've never bought canned lump crab, is there a brand anyone suggests? Reviews are all over the place for the common store brands near me (crown prince, and the other popular canned tuna brands).

I'm sure I'd love this sauce, but I also came across a recipe (maybe you other east coasters are familiar with, but I'd never heard of it) using lump that looks like it would be perfect for a smoker, crab imperial.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd go with the Phillips brand, which is pasteurized and refrigerated and is sold by Costco and, I'm sure, others. Personally, I'd avoid "tinned" (sold like tuna) crab.
            Last edited by Willy; August 22, 2022, 06:04 PM.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on the Phillips.

This sounds very tasty-what would you eat this on?

Comment

Tax Man I served it with smoke roasted halibut, but I think it would work well with almost any fish or even scallops.
            Attached Files

Comment

Very tasty, efincoop ! The medium dry sherry certainly worked well. I will make it again!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here