Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just discovered this and it’s amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just discovered this and it’s amazing

Chraimeh is a North African sauce usually served w fish but it would be good on anything- hell, I couldn’t stop scooping it out of the pan w pita bread.

6 cloves garlic
    2tsp paprika could be hot or sweet
    1tbsp caraway seeds ground
    1.5tsp cumin
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp cayenne or more if you want it hot
    1 green chile

place in a food processor w 2Tbsp sunflower oil. Blitz into a paste

Heat some oil in a pan. Add the spice paste and cook for 30-60 seconds. Add:
    2/3 c of water
    3tbsp tomato paste

bring to a simmer and add:
    2tsp super fine sugar
    2tbsp lemon juice
    3/4 tsp salt
    black pepper to taste

I cooked some salmon steaks in that for my wife bc she doesn’t like lamb.

This was hands down the most delicious thing on our Easter table.

Let me know if you try it. I’m excited to use this on chicken this week.

Always looking for new recipes.

Did you roast, braise or sauté your salmon? I think I might try this with snapper or other white fish.

Thanks

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      It's traditionally made with white fish so you're good to go. I salt peppered and floured my salmon steak, seared them a couple minutes on each side prior to making the sauce. I took out the fish, wiped out the pan, made the sauce, then added the fish on top and covered the pan. The sauce was simmering. They were pretty thick so they took almost 15 minutes. I flipped them after about 10 mins.

Let me know how you like it. I'm in love with this sauce.

Thanks, dropped in Paprika.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I had no idea what you meant until Texas Larry wrote the same thing. The penny finally dropped. 🙄🙄🙄

Western Mass huh? Where about a? Spent 3 years in Northfield Mass.

How much does this make, about a cup?

Thanks for the recipe!

Kathryn

P.S. I'm thinking small meatballs in this sauce would be a fantastic appetizer, served with pita.
    Last edited by fzxdoc; April 19, 2022, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. About a cup.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that appetizer will be a winner!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea - I am thinking of putting it in or on ground lamb and chicken. I was thinking of using it as a baste but mixing it in before cooking might add something as well.

Also in my Paprika. Looks delish! Thanks.

Comment

If you like that, try a chermoula paste too. It's Moroccan in origin and very similar

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here