Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roasted Salsa Verde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamidw
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! Yours looks awesome.

• Greygoose
    commented on 's reply
    Magnificent !!!!!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Me Too, Me Three, Brother!!!
    I go through A WHOLE LOTTA salsa verde...
    Now, I jus gotta find me an IV rig that'll attach to a Mason jar, an I'm set...

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, to everything in the photo, plus the garlic (that was harvested in July, getting ready to plant next year's crop.) No to onions, lime & cilantro. Purchased those at the grocery store.
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; September 30, 2021, 06:50 PM.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Did you grow those veggies 🌶 🍎🫑🧄🧅??

• Troutman
    replied
    I love that stuff. I eat it as a straight salsa with chips…..

Click image for larger version

Name:	03340ECD-14CD-466E-BA8F-E28D6DA3DAFC.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1103173

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Pepper
    replied
    Thanks, Tami tamidw . You inspired me to make some with our Hood River garden harvest. I did roast some poblanos (credit to Troutman ) and improvised as well with some roasted sweet habaneros ('Habanadas).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9031.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	368.4 KB ID:	1103155 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9032.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	506.1 KB ID:	1103156 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9053.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	314.3 KB ID:	1103153 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9055.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	338.7 KB ID:	1103154
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; September 30, 2021, 11:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    I’ll take a case of that,,,,,,,yes indeed

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Nice!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing this!

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    Will have to try this. Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Try adding 2 or 3 dried poblano peppers that have been roasted with skin removed. Makes for an earthy note

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    tamidw there are a few posole threads on here. If you aren’t able to find a recipe, let me know and I’ll provide you some thoughts. But, it’s pretty easy. Biggest thing, rinse the frozen hominy very well to get all the lime off. Then brown the pork cubes, cook the hominy in the stock until it pops, then add it all together and let it cook/warm up, making sure the pork is cooked through.

Have fun!

• tamidw
    commented on 's reply
    Yes! I want to do something like that

• barelfly
    replied
    You could use a jar of that with some stock of your choice and then pork to make some great posole!!!

that looks wonderful!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here