Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you re-use your fry oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went through this a couple of years ago. Asked for recommendations on this topic, and got some good ones: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ric-deep-fryer

After all the recommendations settled, I decided on purchasing the T-Fal fryer that you're eyeballing. I'm glad I never did.

Instead I purchased the Camp Chef Somerset IV with it's four 30K BTU burners. Gosh I love cooking on that thing. When you fry in the CI dutch oven, the oil temp barely drops and comes back up in seconds between batches. It's awesome for outdoor frying.

Take a look at the Camp Chef outdoor gas ranges--you don't need the 4 burner version--but most of their smaller ranges also sport 30K BTU burners which are perfect for CI deep frying. Get one of their heat diffusers to go with and you're all set.

My Camp Chef Somerset IV was waaaay cheaper from Home Depot (free delivery) than from the CC website, BTW.

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; April 17, 2020, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW, pkadare, good idea about storing oil in the freezer, especially for us occasional fryers.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly what I’m doing. I was looking at the 2-basket Cajun Fryer when you and others picked up the Somerset... I liked it for the potential versatility, so got one myself. After frying on it with the Dutch oven I’ve since moved the fryer WAAAYY down on the list of toys to purchase. I’ve since added another CI Dutch oven instead. With two of those going I can cook up bunches. Heck, with two of those going I could still make pizza at the same time. LOL I love that thing.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I know, surfdog . It's awesome.

K.

Man, I feel left out. I haven't had a fryer since I got married to my first wife in 1986. I believe she got possession in the break up in 1991 and I kept the hibachi. Hmm...do I need a fryer? Ha! Crazy question...just look at the group I'm posing this question to!

Comment

All clad had a big sale on 1 yesterday. Don’t know if it still is on sale however

Comment

I finally got around to frying again and using this sweet new filtering set up. Oh man it’s easy. Coffee filters which I used to use took forrrrrever. This was way quicker. The old way discouraged me from frying. Now, this was so fast, I will probably fry more often!!

I got these at webstraunt.com
        Attached Files
        Last edited by scottranda; May 23, 2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Missed this the first time. I use this, only good for small cooks like pan fries.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here