Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp and Grits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp and Grits

Grits
    . Stone ground or Jim Dandy ..White only
    2 cups heavy cream
    2 cups half and half
    2 cups chicken..seafood stock..better to make youre own
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1/2 stick real butter
    you can dice a jalepeno to add or shredded white cheddar cheese
    Bring all liquid to boil..
    turn down..I do mine out on side burner weber..
    . add Grits 2 cups slowly and stir to keep from lumping and sticking...keep stirring..will thicken..at thus point simmer about 15 to 20 minutes..stir often..fold in cheese. at this time also..remove and put on top rack of weber gas grill to keep warmmm
    . Sauce..if u will..I prep ahead of time
    2 teaspoon of bacon fat. cook 8 strips first coat in Slap U Mama seafood season or Psul Prudhome..cook till crispy..remove and drain bacon strips only
    . in same pan with bacon grease
    add 5 cloves of minced garlic
    . 2 sweet vilida sweet onions diced
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne or more to taste
    cook to onion is clear
    Add bell peppers
    1 red..yelliw..orange..green..all thin sliced..
    2 diced seeds removed jalepeno
    1 stick of real butter
    cook in carbon steel pan about 10 minutes or longer
    . tender bell pepoers..
    2 pounds of shells and tails removed shrimp
    previously coated in seafood season and in fridge over nite
    . in another pan add avacado oil bring to simmer..
    add shrimp..and cocktail sauce..cook a few at a time about 2 minutes...put aside till u cook them all
    plate with grits
    pepper on top with drippings
    be so pretty
    add shrimp..
    u can top with bacon broken
    and Green onions
    ​​​​​​​enjoy
    . s

Looks great! Love me some shrimp n' grits.

Comment

Sounds like one Hailuvva Great Plate o Food, LOVES me some shrimp an grits, Brother!

Many Thanks fer sharin, Brother, much appreciated!!!

Comment

I make a pretty wicked shrimp and grits. Has jalapeños onions garlic 2 cheeses in it. Also a ton of butter, cream, and bacon grease. You can cheat and make it in the instant pot too!

Comment

• grillinglousiana
          grillinglousiana commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes..it all up to who I am cooking for if I kick it up a notch...this was for some folks older than me and I am 78

Love it. LA doesn’t play 😊👏🏻

Comment

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for bumping this post and reminding me that I have not made shrimp and grits in a coon's age. Need to fix that ASAP...

We just had shrimp and grits a couple nights ago. Pretty damn good. I hope I can say damn on here.

Comment

mmmm, shrimp and grits might need to be breakfast tomorrow. I usually dont add the cream until the end though and generally dont go as fancy with peppers and onions. I like mine pretty simple: half water half chicken or seafood stock, salt, mushroom powder, plenty of black pepper, cheddar and gouda.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here