Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Haha IowaGirl Right :-)

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Greasy fingers to lick?

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    What do you serve alongside that smoked salmon?
    Looks great btw..

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Damn i'd like to tag along.. Enjoy Brother!

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Jack salmon Jacks are precocial male salmon that have spent one winter less in the ocean than the youngest females of a given species. Because they are younger, jack salmon are smaller than other age classes of conspecifics. Coho jacks return to spawn the same year they smolted and so are particularly small.

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    Ok I live in MN. What is a jack salmon?? I have never caught a salmon,. I have caught lake trout in Canada which I think is close..??..maybe I sound like an idiot too

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    FireMan Nope, unfortunately it happened. Filled up all the other freezers and had to sacrifice the salmon, some SNF prime cowboys, Creekstone Duroc pork butts and a few other things. Just no more room. I have the appliance store delivering a large chest freezer tomorrow which we are mainly going to use as an emergency backup if this happens again.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    You said kidding aside, I do hope that’s what it was. 🕶

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Give a grizz a hug fer me. It’s been 30 years since I was up there for the summer of ‘91. Enjoy man!

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Nice,
    Look like Jack Salmon and mighty tasty too.
    I would par them with PBR.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Well, you added insult to injury here as just this morning I had to to toss 12 lbs of wild caught King Salmon due to a freezer failure. ☹️ Then you show us some delicious grilled salmon to rub it in. All kidding aside, great looking fish.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Now that is a great idea! Backroadmeats

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker yes you do!! I forget how good smoked salmon is.. damn .. I think I am going to make some salmon spread and watch the Vikings game!!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good. Next time I run up to Vermillion, I need to stop at your shop!

• Backroadmeats
    replied
    All of it is done. After the wife and kids ate some, all of it was dusted with the chicken rub!! It is really good on the salmon. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210912_093917_hdr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.37 MB ID:	1092847

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here