Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good! We would do scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, and a little cream cheese!

• Draznnl
    commented on 's reply
    Given how the pictured ones look, Backroadmeats ,I doubt the ones you call bad are all that awful.

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    Have fun in the Alaskan Civilization Spinaker ! We will be waiting for a detailed report.

• Backroadmeats
    replied
    Well the first of it and s done. I dusted a few fillets with Meathead chicken rub. That rub is fantastic on salmon.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_091652_hdr.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1092798Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_091958_hdr.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	1092799Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_091952.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	1092800

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Never been halibut fishing but I would love to do it someday. We have alwasy done float trips down the rivers for salmon. This year we are targeting the silver salmon on the Togiak River. Gonna be awesome! Pics to follow, when and if I make it back.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Oh I will! You may have to wait until I get back.........closest road is gonna be a loooong ways away. Not to mention internet. LOL @barefly

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    I don't do internal temp on salmon. It is done when ya start to see fat on top of the fillets and ya pick it up with a spatula it it flakes apart. I have the smokeboost turned on at about 200 degrees and am going to let that be for an hour then bump temp to 225. First time doin this in my smokefire,. So we will see....

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    It is kind of embarrassing consider I make a living with a knife in my hand.. FYI that pictured is staged so you can't see the really bad ones!!😄😄

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    You are a lucky man!! That trip is on my bucket list. Hopefully you catch some salmon and halibut. Those are my favorite fish. I have a aunt that grew up in north pole Alaska and her family still lives there. They go for a week every other year and then invited us to go with when they go again in two years. I am thinking I am going to take her up on the offer this time. Good luck and post some pictures!!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Pics! Especially of you on the river casting a fly rod!

• Sdell
    replied
    Looks really good. Love salmon on my smoker. What cooking temp did you go with and what internal temp on the fish?

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Thanks for the recipe! I am on my way up to Alaska right now. (Currently over Manitoba at 32,000 FT) I am looking forward to eating a ton of salmon for days on end.

I will have to try this out when I get back to civilization.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Yum!

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Ya did OK. Most interested in the final outcome. Keep er smokin!

Leave a comment:

• Backroadmeats
    started a topic Smoked salmon

Smoked salmon

I had a customer give me a couple salmon a while back so I dug out my old brine recipe. Here it is in case anyone is interested. 1 cup orange juice. 4 cups water. 1/4 cup garlic powder . 1tablspoon black pepper. 1/2 cup salt. 1 cup brown sugar. I let it sit in the brine overnight . Then smoke till the fat starts to appear on top the fillets. These fish were just gutted and beheaded and I have not filleted a fish in years so I am not to impressed with my work but it should still taste good!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210911_170923_hdr.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1092738Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210911_172852_hdr.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1092739Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_073746_hdr.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1092740

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here