Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Oven Mountain Dew Braised Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note... if you do this recipe - I recommend using chicken thighs... I made a beginners mistake here and used breasts they turned out tough. I wasn't thinking

Here is the Recipe

1. 4 big chicken breasts sliced in half
    2. Mirepoix -- 2.5 carrots - 1 cup celery - 1/2 large onion
    3. garlic
    4. salt and pepper to taste
    5. cajun seasoning
    6. 1/2 lb of bacon cut in 1" chunks
    7. 6 medium potatoes chunked
    8. 1 can of Mtn Dew
    9. big dash of white wine
    10. tomato paste
    11. optional, add some green veggys near the end

cook the bacon then pull it out
    brown the chicken then pull it out
    add mirepoix veggys (salt a little) and cook them in the oil for awhile
    add tomato paste and cook it a bit
    add can of Mtn Dew
    add a dash of wine
    add garlic and cajun seasoning
    heat up and simmer for awhile
    add chicken
    add bacon
    cook in oven or BBQ or with Coals for 1 hour at 325-350
    add potatoes (and optional veggys) and cook till potatoes are done... about another hour... also here if you are using charcoal, you may need to re-coal the dutch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DutchOvenMtnDewChicken.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	70660
    Last edited by smarkley; March 13, 2015, 08:07 AM. Reason: Because Evernote Failed me

Wow! Now this is a recipe for the ages. I gotta give this one a try!

Comment

• carolts
      carolts commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reviving this recipe...It sounds really good. I could InstantPot this one easily.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, this is perfect for the insta pot. It has been some time since I have purchased Mt. Dew!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here