Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy, Tasty (Key) Lime Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy, Tasty (Key) Lime Pie

Lime Pie

Very easy and tasty recipe that makes a tart and dense, cream-cheesy version of Lime Pie. No baking, little fuss and muss.

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
    1 8-oz block of softened cream cheese
    3/4 cup lime juice (I rarely use key limes cuz they're so small)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 graham cracker crust (I usually buy the pre-made ones from the supermarket)

Using a regular mixer, mix the first three ingredients 'til well blended and not "chunky". Add the vanilla and mix briefly to combine. Pour into the crust and refrigerate for several hours, during which time it'll thicken nicely.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Willy; March 4, 2024, 01:48 PM.

Got any photos of your pie? I can't have pie right now so drooling over a photo is the best I can do.

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, no photos. Sorry. Just picture a typical NY cheesecake, only thinner and served from the pie tin.

Willy, Your recipe is in my Evernote File Now and Thank You! Eunice will jump for Joy when I Show Her!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I made rhis same pie for Mother's Day. I am attaching a pic, fuzzydaddy .

Click image for larger version

Name:	ProShot_20160508_215506-01.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	205487

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy! Thanks for the photo.

OMG that looks guuuuud Dewesq55. I love me some KLP!

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was ab fab, David Parrish .

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        Super easy to whip up! GO FOR IT!

I made the Key Lime pie from Epicurious: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...e-pie-56389684

Have made this pie twenty times. My favorite dessert. I even went so far to buy a Key Lime tree and a Meyer Lemon tree so I can make a Key Lime pie whenever the mood strikes.

Comment

Looks delicious. I just polished off a big piece of Key lime pie myself. My wife made it so I don't know how the recipes compare. I'm not much of a baker outside of Pizza.

Comment

I am going to have to try this. We will see. I am guilty of buying the frozen ones and just thaw in the fridge.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here