Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer triple chocolate cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer triple chocolate cookies

Originally posted by RonB View Post
    Looks good to me. Now, about that cookie recipe - more please.
    Makes 36 full sized cookies.
    • 1 cup of butter, softened
    • 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 tsp. vanilla or brandy
    • 1 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
    • 1/4 cup sour cream
    • 2 cups flour
    • 3/4 cup cocoa
    • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp. salt (omit if using salted nuts)*
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
    • 2 cups white chocolate chips (or butterscotch)**
    • 1 cup chopped Brazil nuts or almonds***

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well. Add the brandy or vanilla. Stir in the melted chocolate and the sour cream. (You can melt the chocolate in the microwave, but do this gradually, because baking chocolate can easily scorch. Microwave it one minute, then in 30-second intervals. As soon as the chocolate has lost its solid shape, take it out and stir it until smooth.)

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Mix them all together with a fork, and then a spoon. Turn the mixer back on at a low speed, and add the dry ingredients, about a cup at a time. Incorporate everything thoroughly.

Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes (15 minutes in my oven). Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for five minutes before you move them to wire racks or towel paper to finish cooling.

* I used salted butter and skipped adding salt.
    ** I used half white chips and half semi sweet chocolate chips, I had some I had to use up. It would rock with all of one or the other, too.
    *** I used almonds, but I think walnuts or pecans would be even better.

Thanks fer postin' this. I will have to make these when SWMBO is not here. Although she loves sweets, she tries to not eat them.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I can’t eat them, Mrs can’t eat them either. Working on getting my A1C down under 7, it’s down to 7.2 now. I can have one every now and then, that was then. I kept a dozen and gave the rest to the people I used to work with.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      ....can't eat em, I'll send you my address....
      Last edited by smokin fool; January 19, 2022, 06:56 PM.

Tempted to make this into a cookie cake come the end of the month.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here