Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Eggnog in the offset smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Very good question! Yes, I did. I wanted smoke flavor, but it must not be over powering.

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    Your offset reminded me of the video you did in which you contrasted the smoke output of the offset with that of the Kettle (I think it was a kettle). Did you choose the offset knowing that the smoke would be less intense / just right for the eggnog?

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Me too

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, short fat balding, bespeckled n broke, I'm every actually woman's dream

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    "goes right to my hips"? You sound like a woman. 🥸
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 3, 2021, 03:59 PM.

• RickyBobby
    replied
    That. Looks. Amazing! Not only would I have a sip, I would likely have several batches!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Love Egg Nog to bad the industrial Nog we get here goes right to my hips.
    My fav is with Cognac or Brandy and a shot of whipped cream on top with a drizzle of Cointreau or Triple Sec.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    I made a ‘batch’ of four drinks. If making large batches, just use multiples of the aluminum pan. It’s all about low depth and lots of surface area. If using larger alu pans they’re gonna be tricky to move in and out.

• RonB
    replied
    I'd drink that!

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    I like what ur doin’ there,,,!!!!
    Cheers,,,

Leave a comment:

• AdequateEatin
    replied
    Did you just make one batch in those picture? It seems like there is a lot more liquid in the picture then in the recipe. This seems like an excellent drink for a holiday party I will just need to octuple the recipe. Have you done large batches? If so anything you do differently?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    My bad, fixed.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I'll have a sip, please.

Leave a comment:

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    replied
    Interesting... but you mention garlic a few times? It's not something I would typically think goes in eggnog. Did you mean the cinnamon stick?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    started a topic Smoked Eggnog in the offset smoker

Smoked Eggnog in the offset smoker

Hi all! The winter is here, and soon it's X-mas, so what could be better than making a classic Rum-spiked Eggnog? But wait, this is a bbq forum, what if we smoke it first? Well, that's what I did. I made eggnog in my offset smoker. Freakin' delicious, and fun! Can't go back to a regular eggnog after this.

Serves: 4

Ingredients
    • 4 egg yolks
    • 7 tbsp sugar
    • 7 tbsp high fat milk
    • 7 tbsp cooking cream
    • 2 cloves
    • 1 cinnamon stick
    • 4 tbsp bourbon or rum
    Instructions
    • Start up your grill, prepare it for indirect heat, have it running at 130° C / 265° F.
    • Put the egg yolks in a bowl and add the sugar while whisking. Keep whisking until the mix is light and fluffy.
    • Pour the cream and milk into a disposable aluminum pan together with the cloves and cinnamon. Place the pan on the grill on the cooler side and add a few wood chunks to the glowing embers for smoke flavor. Now put the lid back on.
    • Leave the pan for 10 minutes, then open the grill and whisk a few times to blend things together, and let is smoke for another 10 minutes. You want the milk/cream mix to get warm, but it must not boil.

Mix milk/cream and eggs
    • Now it's time to mix the contents of the bowl and pan. It's important to go slow here to avoid lumps.
    • Carefully pour 1/3 cup of the milk/cream mix at at time into the egg mix while constantly whisking. It's important to not add all of the milk/cream mix too fast, since the eggs are cold and the milk is warm. Keep going until everything's in one bowl.
    • Now put the mix back into the grill/smoker for another 15 minutes. Stir a few times during that time.
    • Remove the bowl or pan with the egg nog and run it through a strainer to get rid of the cloves, cinnamon and any lumps.
    • Leave the eggnog to cool a bit before spiking it with bourbon or rum. Serve in small glasses or mugs.

Getting that oak wood fire started

Click image for larger version  Name:	eggnog_fire.jpg Views:	8 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	1136322

Just a lil' smokin' action

Click image for larger version  Name:	eggnog_smoker.jpg Views:	8 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	1136323

And ready to serve! Anyone care for a sip?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0185.jpg Views:	8 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	1136321

Aight folks, have a great weekend, Hank is out!!

Last edited by Henrik; December 3, 2021, 10:38 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here