Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STEbbq's Super Easy and Outrageous Bacon Caramel Brownies with Espresso Sea Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEbbq's Super Easy and Outrageous Bacon Caramel Brownies with Espresso Sea Salt

We made this brownie for our church fundraiser, and it did well. I really wanted to do a brownie with bacon in, so I am pleased with the end result. I feel a bit strange posting a brownie recipe of all things, because like chili, my sense that brownie recipes are prized and rather personal. However, it was requested, so I am here to serve.

Still here goes nothing.

Serving Size:
    8x8 pan of brownies ( so.... one serving for ol holehogg ?)

Time:
    1.5 hours (30 minutes prep/1 hour cooking)

Serve with:
    Ice cream, pie, whipped cream etc.

Special tools:
    8x8 pan + Herb Cutter ( as an example ). The herb cutter is pretty useful for chopping the bacon down to size, but a lot of other tools can do the same thing.

Ingredients:
    2/3 cup of brown sugar
    1 pd of best quality and thick bacon (I used Wrights, but homemade bacon could also work for sure)
    Brownie (Only Ghirardelli if boxed or if you want a recommendation)
    • 1/3 cup oil
    • 1/4 water
    • 1 egg
    14 oz Caramel sauce (Not salted but spreadable) . We used store bought, but you can make your own.
    Espresso sea salt (not really common, but I bought mine here ). This smells amazing!

Process

1. Preheat oven or smoker to 350. Line pan with aluminum foil and make sure it has a thick edge to avoid spills/leak. Mix bacon with sugar on oven pan. Lay bacon flat on pan and sprinkle any remaining sugar on top. Cook for about 20 minutes until crispy and glossy. Not all of the bacon will come off, but that's okay because that's a great cook snack. Chop bacon into coarse chunks using herb cutter or another tool.

2. Mix brownie ingredients (egg, water, oil, and dry) in food stand mixer. Use low setting until nice and dark. Prepare pan for release with butter, butter/flour, or spray oil for easy release. Pour in pan and cook at 325 for 30-40 minutes. Check at 30 minutes to see if toothpick goes into middle of brownie and comes out clean, and again at 40. Once toothpick test is passed, remove brownie and let cool for up to 1 hour.

3. Taste caramel sauce to gauge sweetness. Pour caramel sauce on top of cooled brownie and smooth. Sprinkle bacon bits evenly all over caramel frosting.

4. Sprinkle espresso sea salt to taste. It's strong, but so good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STEbbq; November 16, 2021, 02:57 PM.

If I make this again, I will probably smoke it for the added smoke flavor. Since it was going up for auction, I thought that might be a bit too much for the church crowd.

You may also have some extra candied bacon left over after the topping, but I don’t think anyone here will be sad about that.
    Last edited by STEbbq; November 16, 2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Finally going to make this tomorrow.
      Did you use box brownie mix or make the suggested recipe you posted.
      Curious as you call for 8x8 baking dish and the recipe calls for 9x13 dish. I know with my much loved brownie recipe it is critical to use an 8x8 dish.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      holehogg I used boxed Ghirardelli and a 8x8 pan. I only linked the recipe as I thought it was a good one if you wanted to make it from scratch.

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Going to try the linked recipe it looks a decent one. More work than mine though.

Wow, that looks delicious!

Comment

Okay! Now you have done it!!!

Holy Smokes!

Comment

OOOOOHHHHH MAN!!

Comment

I am so going to try these! Thank you for sharing

Comment

Damn. I was going to type dang, but that would not have expressed my true feeling about this. That is outstanding.

Comment

Seeing the pic's again got all my senses going. If I had a gap right now I'd get busy with this. Hoping there is one this weekend. Thank you kindly for posting Sir.

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                Happy to help! Enjoy!

....and I just posted on another thread about having a sweet tooth and no will power and got weight problems so ain't this a fine how do you do....I'm in! Pass a slice over....

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like me too. A constant battle that I mostly lose. 🤷‍♂️

looks great,
              I can envision spam too.
              You Done Good, PBR Award

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here