Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Twinkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Twinkies

I plan to try these tomorrow as I just purchased fresh strawberries and have the whipping cream on hand.
    Others say they make a delicious desert and look to be a fast cook.
    Grilled Twinkies taste like toasted marshmallows. They're surprisingly yummy and highly addicting. Serve them with your favorite sweet sauce.

Got to try that, I have made bacon-wrapped Oreos, But grilled twinkies, Oh Yeah. Just the sound and looks of them what is not to like?

Comment

Several years ago, my neighbor dared me to grill these. We put several twinkies on soaked alder planks, covered them in peanut butter, topped that with with strawberry preserves, and grilled them until everything melted into a sticky mess. They were delicious but sickening sweet.

I didn't keep the recipe as I had no interest in doing them again.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it just needs to be refined. Adjusted as it were. Perfect the recipe, take pictures to post, or not.
        Enjoy the Art of BBQ, and PBR too.

Is this tastier than the deep-fried twinkies you can get at some state fairs?

Comment

Don't microwave. The filling gets translated like Enoch.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Jello too.

Plans not going well. Thunderstorms with some really close lightning.

Comment

They used to make a strawberry Twinkie at one time didn't they?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here