Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gochujang Sauce for Noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gochujang Sauce for Noodles

I saw this on a recent Ethan Chlebowski (https://www.youtube.com/c/CookwithE) video. It is a simple gochujang-based sauce with only three ingredients and it really elevates the flavor of noodles.

The sauce is:
    1. One tablespoon of gochujang
    2. 1/2 tablespoon of kewpie or other mayo
    3. 1/2 tablespoon of Chinese black vinegar or rice vinegar
    Then just mix it up and toss your noodles in it after they have finished cooking. I've been using it on some egg noodles lately. It also gives the noodles this glorious orange hue.

Yum. I have some leftover veggie lo mein from our local Chinese takeout. I may add some of this when I rewarm it

Comment

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      And it was good, thanks!

I’ve used something similar (gochujang, mayo and something else) as a dipping sauce for panko breaded chicken breasts. Very good.

Comment

Now I have to get some gochujang!

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        I've fallen in love with the stuff. Good amount of heat, but not over-powering and a real depth of flavor.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here