Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garlic-Lime Crema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garlic-Lime Crema

There are many variations of this on the internet, but this is one that I've settled into after adjusting the ingredients a bit. It is fantastic on chicken tacos or grilled chicken salads.
    • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman's)
    • 1/2 cup Mexican crema
    • 1 tsp garlic powder
    • 1 tbl hot sauce (I use Tapatio)
    • 2 tbl lime juice
    Mix everything together into a bowl and put it in a squirt bottle in the fridge. I'll note the "best by" date on the mayo and crema and use the earliest one as the best by date for this.

Mexican crema is very similar to sour cream, but far less viscous (it is pourable) and significantly more tangy.

Here is the brand I use, which is readily available in my HEB because Texas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 1.56.29 PM.png
Views:	181
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1259963

Looks like a winner, I need to make some for street tacos

Comment

That looks great! Got to try it!

Comment

That just made the to do list.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here