Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Teriyaki Glaze (Easy!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Teriyaki Glaze (Easy!!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	19C43A4A-3989-4E7A-BCCE-E6D10FAE56F0.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	1247114Simple Teriyaki Glaze (EASY!)

Almost all the recipes I’ve seen on the web, and all the store-bought sauces, are too sweet and amped up with things like garlic, ginger, etc. Those are fine for some things, but I like just a light glaze for smoked salmon or seafood. I don’t want something that’s going to cover up the taste of the salmon or shrimp or some other delicate protein.

This is glaze is *perfect* for that. It is not a marinade. This is just something to put on near the end of a cook to bring it to nirvana. It is a finishing glaze.

Ingredients

24-oz bottle of sake
    10-oz bottle of mirin
    10-oz bottle of soy sauce

Pour four ounces of sake into a glass with ice cubes. Add the remaining sake and the rest of the ingredients to a pan and gently boil over medium heat. Take a sip of the sake from the glass with ice cubes (I like it cold… sue me).

Continue to sip on the sake. Or pour it out if you decide you don’t like it. Once the mixture in the pan starts to reduce a bit, lower the heat to a simmer because the sugars will burn easily. I stir the mixture fairly often with a wooden spoon at this point. I’m not sure you need to do this if you simmer at a low temp, but it’s a reflex for me because of a bad experience.

Reduce the liquid to about 1/4 original volume. That’s 10 ounces. You should be done with your sake by now. Let the glaze cool and refrigerate.

We've been missing your posts at SUWYC!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed

It's been a while since I remembered to listen to you on Alexa. I will do that today.

Comment

Originally posted by hoovarmin View Post
    We've been missing your posts at SUWYC!
    Aww… thanks! It’s nice know I’ve been missed. I’ll drop by. 😊

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here