Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep it cold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it cold...

I like to grill halloumi cheese for a Halloumi Caprese appetizer, but my big mistake last time was to leave the cheese out before grilling. It melted into a gooey mess all over the grill, so the lesson is to leave it in the fridge so it's nice and cold before you grill it!
    Recipe:
    1. Slice halloumi ¼ inch thick.
    2. Coat with olive oil.
    3. Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to cook.
    4. Grill on high until char marked, turning once.
    5. Serve with the salad of tomatoes, tossed with fresh mint, olive oil, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the post and the included good information.

Comment

Dang. I thought this was about beer. Good tip though.

Comment

Caprese is one of my all time favorites foods ever (except I prefer basil). To me it's the epitome of farm fresh. Thank you for posting this!

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed and I like a balsamic reduction on it.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack Yes! Balsamic, at least sitting there as an option, is a must.

MMmmm . . . caprese with grilled halloumi. It's not easy to get here, but it's sooo delicious.

Comment

Wisconsincheesemart has halloumi at a very reasonable price especially with a coupon and when they do shipping deals. It's absolutely my favorite cheese!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here