Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s back: Mimolette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s back: Mimolette!

Mimolette cheese is back in the USA!

Mimolette is a hard cheese that melts well into an omelet. It is mild and nutty. The distinctive rind is from cheese mites, which evolved specifically to cure Mimolette cheese. They are supposedly dead and gone by the time the cheese hits the stores. At least, I’ve never seen any. And the cheese is damn good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B5E29C48-79FB-42CE-9F70-11E48BAB00A5.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	759562

I love mimolette a great melting cheese just cut off the rind where the mites have been active. No big deal. Had my first taste of it in France while in the Navy.

PS: Where did you find it.
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; October 22, 2019, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Judging from the cover on the 'shrooms, I'm going to say Wegmans.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, Wegman’s. one great grocery store. Where the store brand is generally as good as or better than the national brands.

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Well don't have a Wegman's but will check my cheese shop in the big city when I get there next time. Thanks guys.

So it's a mighty hunk of mitey cheese, you might say. Sounds kind of lousy to me.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Brilliant!

My favorite 😋. I missed it when it was gone. Banning it was ridiculous. It hasn’t killed anyone in France for hundreds of years 🙄. I used to have to order it online but now a couple local cheese stores carry it so no hefty shipping on cold packs fees 👍🏻

Comment

Never heard of it so I never missed it, but I’ll definitely keep eye out for it now..

Comment

Sounds interesting. I mite try it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here